000webhost.com Banner

I logged into the 000webhost.com cpannel for my domain today.

Before logging in there was no 000webhost.com in the bottom right of my site, I had previously disabled this.

Upon logging in, the cpanel automatically enabled the banner and will not let me remove it!

This seems out of order, why was I allowed to disable it previously, and why would it only be enabled upon me logging in?

Users who have not logged in recently will still have no banner, this is extremely unfair.

Hi @yacoboy!

Since this week some policies regarding our services have been changed.

From now on you can turn off the banner only if you have no domains linked to your website, or if the domain linked to your website is bought from Hostinger.

But this was not the previous policy. I have made no changes to the setup of my site, if I had not logged in today I would have no banner at all.

Please remove this banner or I will be forced to change to another host.

Unfortunately we are not planning to remove the banner yet. If you need to remove it, please buy a domain from Hostinger and link it to your website, upgrade to a paid plan, or move to another hosting provider.

Btw, your website incomejumpstart.com has no banners in it.

Yes, I had to use a workaround to remove this rubbish.

If you could remove it officially for my domain it would be much appreciated.

I was planning to write an article supporting 000webhost as a free web host, but it seems it’s no longer a viable option.

000webhost has been intended to be a free web hosting provider for students and web developers, to test their skills and offer them an opportunity to see how cloud hosting actually works.

We offer what you see. And it is suitable enough for its purpose. Less than 1% of all our customers experience issues with our services. If you need more resources please consider buying a paid plan.