000webhost intrusive startup ad

Hello.

I built my site using Zyro builder on 000webhost. Unfortunatley due to size restrictions/limitations I needed to move to a different host that also used Zyro web builder.

The backup/restore of the site has gone fine. However, when the site loads I get a pop-up add in the middle of the screen saying it is powered by 000webhost. Should this ad still be showing, and is it possible to remove it as the site is no longer powered by 000webhost.

Thank you.

Yes…you can remove it.

Go to “General settings” – scroll down and turn off “show banner”

Hello. Thanks for the response akhilkumar332.

I don’t think that’s the problem as that option is already set to off.

try clear you cache and data …Then refresh!!!

Can you post screen shot of it??

Middle of screen ad. Must click on to continue. Quite intrusive as I’m not using 000webhost services!

You can try removing banner related script!!!
Or else replace the image with some other…related to your website!!!

Probably because you’ve left 000webhost and taken your website you made here with you the script is calling back to 000webhost because it detects that it isn’t hosted on 000webhost.com

You’ll have to search your code and find it and remove it.

1 Like

Thanks you everyone for your help. I think I’ve fixed/patched the problem. Copying and pasting a whole website wasn’t as straightforward as I hoped. (Well I knew it wouldn’t be!)

The host seems to have detected my old homepage ("/Home") was inactive and had filled it with adverts. Somehow there is still some deep rooted links with my new location.
I’ve temporarily renamed my new homepage from “/Home” to “/Homepage” and I think that has patched the problem for now.

Without wanting to get thrown of this forum for advertising I wonder if somebody could be kind enough to visit www.ludwig-walkenhorst.com with their adblocker turned off to see if they get an ad at startup. The ad only shows for new users so it’s a difficult one to test.

Many thanks.

Still here

There will be some code in your code just look it will be really obvious what isn’t your code.

Is your issue solved??

No, I’m still struggling with it.

The location of the pop-up image is:
[https://cdn.rawgit.com/hostinger/banners/c6d736d2/000webhost/000pup.jpg]

and it looks like it has generated a unique link
[https://www.000webhost.com/?utm_source=you&utm_campaign=20170120_you_clients_all&utm_medium=opti_pup]

But I can’t find any reference to these locations in code. If anyone has ideas where to look it would be much appreciated.

try removing these lines from your page…and check the results

I see it has been removed from your code and is no longer appearing.

Excellent. Thanks for checking that. :slight_smile: