404. That’s an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. after htecease file edit

Hello,
I have a music website and am still using the free plan so i thought it was ok and i tempered with my htcease file when it brought an error i put the file that i had backedup back but it still brings an error >

1. That’s an error.
    The requested URL was not found on this server

. when i load one of the artists i have on my website,please can you help me fix this back. Thanks

Hi, can you tell me what page you are experiencing this error on?

My website is KP SOUNDS UGANDA and i get error whenever i try to access an artist ON artsist, genres or music pages

I had a similar issue as I was making some edits to my website. All of a sudden, I could no longer access the index page or any other linked page. Apparently, the index.php page disappeared. I found one named index.php_original page, but it seems to be blank. I renamed it index.php. I can now access the home page, but all I’m getting is a blank screen. The URL is http://masterportuguesetranslator.com I had no problem accessing this page: …/translator-archetypes.html

@olisimoes how did you design your site?

@Infinity. I did. I used one of the templates. Everything was working fine until yesterday. Is it possible to have my website content reset to the day before?

I don’t think the free hosting offers daily backup only premium :frowning:
Did you take any backups recently? :sunny:

1 Like

@Infinity, I didn’t.

Crud!
Umm I’ll have a look it now.

@Infinity. Thank you. It looks like there’s no source code in the home page.

Yeah I can see that now very odd!

So when you say template do you just edit it locally and upload it?

Or did you use the site builder option of Zyro?

If you did use Zyro the whole folder is missing but the web.config file is still there weirdly :frowning:

@olisimoes

http://www.kpsounds.tk/wp-admin

Your issue can be solved here @kellyug

Login to the admin of WordPress, head to Settings, PERMALINKS and choose DEFAULT or Plain and your site should function again!

2 Likes

Thank you so much i can now see all my website pages,
May God bless you.