Account deleted due to 'inactivity'

My account was deactivated due to 'inactivity.'
I have reactivated but now everything is gone. I wasnt sent any email to warn me, and according to the activity log, it was only 5 months since I last logged on, and website had mutiple [ages and was uploaded and running.

Is there anyway to restore what was previously uploaded as im not aware I have any website specific backups, I have all files but reloading them 1 by 1 would be ridiculous.

Bump — can anyone offer advice?

Hi there as a free hosting customer or even a paid customer you should be taking regular backups of your website and databases, if you haven’t then I doubt there will be any backups available from 000webhost as a FREE customer however if you upgrade to paid Hosting24.com you’ll get premium hosting services which include support and backup.

If you have all the files to your website simply re-upload them, zip them in an archive and upload that using an FTP client, then launch file manager and extract the zip file, the process should take under five minutes depending on the size of your website.

Thanks,
I will have to reupload. Any advice on how/why it would have been deemed in active? Or why no notice was given?

After searching the forum there are various replies about how the system determines inactivity.

Bad_Karma_CORE333 -
"Your website must get at least 10 visitors per month and it must be fully uploaded (it cannot contain keywords like ‘under construction’, or ‘come back later’). Otherwise the website is cancelled automatically.

To avoid this in future you can upgrade your account at http://www.000webhost.com/upgrade or visit your website yourself at least every 14 days, so you will notice website inactivity messages we place on your website 2 weeks before cancellation and have an opportunity to protect it. The message should be removed in 7 days after you do that."

I’m not sure on the details properly but a member of staff may come along shortly and advise.

I personally would be logging into the control panel myself at least once a week and checking on everything, making regular backups and viewing new users/visitors etc and I’d be viewing my website regularly in the browser to make sure it is still up and running.

I know for certain if you upgrade to premium for the very inexpensive fee of $3.99 a month :fearful: you won’t get inactivity notices or administrator checks etc.

This is an example of email the system used to send out to you…

Also your website used to get a popup when browsing it stating that it will be soon removed and if you are the owner to login to verify it still is active…

Also I’m not 100% if this would work but all the old sites used to have a built in analytics code…

If you disable the code then possibly the site would be able to stay online without verifying it is active?
I could be 100% incorrect though.