Brand New and having terrible problems!

Hello everyone,

I have tried searching for these answers with no luck so maybe one of you can help me. I wrote to the contact email and got a message saying I had to get help here.

I’m desperate to get my site up and running but cannot because:

1. Hours and hours ago I pointed GoDaddy’s Domain server to the two 000webhost addresses in your instructions and they appear that way on the GoDaddy site (see below). But still nothing comes up when I enter: www.nohotelgaleranch.com. On your site it shows that I’ve parked the domain name and to be sure I did it again after pointing GoDaddy.

When I try to go to www.nohotelgaleranch.com I get a “Safari Can’t Find the Server” error message.

2. I started trying to build a website in Wordpress but didn’t find it flexible enough (maybe it is but I didn’t want to spend the time figuring it out) so I started again using Web Builder which I really like (!!!) I have built an entirely new site on Web Builder but when I click “Manage your site” on 000webhost, it always takes me to the old Wordpress site, not my new web builder site. I’ve tried to delete the account in Wordpress but they won’t let me even remove the site address let alone delete the account.

When I did a backup on Web Builder it downloaded a file with the name:
    nohotelgaleranch.com000webhostapp.com_project.Sitebuilder

3. All of sudden in Web Builder the Preview function stopped working and I get a 404 error message.

4. Also in Web Builder I can’t figure out how to add new pages so I can link the menu items to them.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I’m up against a tight deadline and really need advice to get rolling!

Franette Armstrong

1. The nameservers are set properly, I can see that. Can you screenshot the “Set Web Address” page and reply with it?

2. The backup file you got is correct, it’s a .Sitebuilder file. Make sure you have that backup, then delete the site and make it again, that should allow you to start over and restore the site builder file.

3. There are currently some issues as we perform scheduled maintenance on some servers. You should wait until this is over and it will work again (hopefully).

4. I believe it’s on the right side of the bar at the very top, I can’t check right now.

Have you parked nohotelgaleranch.com under “Set Web Address” @ 000webhost.com?
I can’t seem to find a domain on 000webhost called http://nohotelgaleranch.com/

If you hit set web address, park domain, type in your domain, save it, the DNS should have updated by now and you will be able to link it straight away, manage, link, choose an account on 000webhost like site1.000webhostapp.com

Thanks Infinity, but the domain shows as already parked and as "Waiting for Nameserver."On GoDaddy it shows that it already points to the correct 000webhost sites. But still I can’t find it if I enter the address in a browser bar. Do you think I should attempt to rebuild following the suggestion from Staff? So scary…

I finally was able to get back into my page (don’t ask me how) and I can’t add anymore new pages so my menu links don’t work right: I have the 3 new menu items pointing to New Page 1 and New Page 2. As a result on New Page 2 there’s a whole stack of pages! When I click on Add Page and it asks me where to link the new page, the only choices are those and ones I already have links to.

And, even though I have linked a button to an “invisible” page which I wanted to put a form on that is linked to the button, I can’t make anything come up when I click it.

Sulliops,

1. I’ve pasted the screen shot below but I don’t know if you can see it and there doesn’t seem to be an “attach file” function here.

2. I don’t know what to do with the backup file or how to delete the site. Right now I can get there but the masthead of my Home page is screen back along with the menu bar and I can’t seem to fix that. This happened after the whole site went down last night. Sure wish they would put out a message saying they are about to go into maintenance mode because the last 2 nights I have lost tons of work when the site came back up.

3. I have tried adding new pages by choosing that option from the Menu list but I seem to be able to link only to New Page 1 and New Page 2 so all the pages are stacking up under those links.

Argghhhh!

Thanks,

Franette

Hi @AnnieA!

Thanks Infinity, but the domain shows as already parked and as "Waiting for Nameserver."On GoDaddy it shows that it already points to the correct 000webhost sites. But still I can’t find it if I enter the address in a browser bar. Do you think I should attempt to rebuild following the suggestion from Staff? So scary…

It is a known fact that some GoDaddy domains do not park so faster with 000webhost servers. It may be either the position of 000webhost servers, or the worldwide routers, in any case there is no way we can control the DNS propagation time. It’s not up to us.

And as I can see, your domain nohotelgaleranch.com is parked successfully and now points to nohotelgaleranch.000webhostapp.com.

1. I don’t know what to do with the backup file or how to delete the site. Right now I can get there but the masthead of my Home page is screen back along with the menu bar and I can’t seem to fix that.

Your website looks empty now… As for the backup, you could use a FTP client to download your site to your PC and then export your database as well.

This happened after the whole site went down last night. Sure wish they would put out a message saying they are about to go into maintenance mode because the last 2 nights I have lost tons of work when the site came back up.

The maintenance was not planned. It was a downtime most likely caused by spammers, or a denial of service (someone may have been started bombing our servers with requests in the hope that our network nodes will crash).

1. I have tried adding new pages by choosing that option from the Menu list but I seem to be able to link only to New Page 1 and New Page 2 so all the pages are stacking up under those links.

I am sorry but I think you would need to post further screenshots with what you are trying to do.

NGINX, I just went and tried reload the page and continue to get this message:

Awhile ago I went into Manage webpage and saw that the right page was now linked (maybe with your help?) but still doesn’t come up when I enter www.nohotelgaleranch.com into my browser (after clearing website history to be sure the error message wasn’t coming up from memory.

When I go back to Build website it tells me that the page is empty–but that might be because it is hung up on the Zyco site? OMG…I have now built two full pages and don’t want to lose them. I had backed up awhile into the latest building session but now that it has crashed, I can’t get the latest. In any event, I don’t understand this instruction at all. What database and where do I export it? How do I reload it into your system? Does it matter that I use a Mac, not a PC?

Your website looks empty now… As for the backup, you could use a FTP client to download your site to your PC and then export your database as well.

What is your guess: am I going to be able to use your site? I haven’t tried to do anything that your site doesn’t offer and haven’t tried to import any website from anywhere else—it was all created on the web builder. Please let me know as I cannot keep wasting day after day like this.

Thanks for ALL your help!

Franette

Oh crumb! When I try to reply to you I get the message: “Sorry cannot send post a link to that host!” Don’t have any idea what that means! Gotten it now 4 times so I am gonna have to delete my screen shots to see if that helps. Brother!

Well, that did’t help…I get the same message. All I did was click Reply to YOUR message!

All of a sudden the message went…don’t know why. Sorry no screenshots though!

(maybe with your help?)

No, we just had to be a little more patient, that’s all :wink:

but still doesn’t come up when I enter www.nohotelgaleranch.com into my browser (after clearing website history to be sure the error message wasn’t coming up from memory.

Hmm…

1. Go to Start > cmd.exe > ipconfig /renew > Press Enter
  2. Please clear your browser cache as well.

Try it now.

When I go back to Build website it tells me that the page is empty–but that might be because it is hung up on the Zyco site? OMG…I have now built two full pages and don’t want to lose them. I had backed up awhile into the latest building session but now that it has crashed, I can’t get the latest. In any event, I don’t understand this instruction at all. What database and where do I export it? How do I reload it into your system? Does it matter that I use a Mac, not a PC?

Publish them!

What is your guess: am I going to be able to use your site? I haven’t tried to do anything that your site doesn’t offer and haven’t tried to import any website from anywhere else—it was all created on the web builder. Please let me know as I cannot keep wasting day after day like this.

I will try as much as I can :wink:

Oh crumb! When I try to reply to you I get the message: “Sorry cannot send post a link to that host!” Don’t have any idea what that means! Gotten it now 4 times so I am gonna have to delete my screen shots to see if that helps. Brother!

That’s our anti-spam system. Unfortunately the system flagged you automatically and your previous posts have been hidden. I’ll find a way to bring them back.

EDIT: unfortunately, I can’t bring them back. But don’t worry. Moderators can still see them :wink:

I can’t publish my pages because I can’t bring them up. Zyco is still hung up and won’t load the pages and 000webhost says I don’t have any pages. I tried to re-load the page via Chrome and got this message:

No Session :frowning:
No active user session found.

This message usually occurs when accessing site builder directly per “http://us.zyro.com/”.
Site builder can be accessed only via hosting control panel by clicking site builder icon inside.

Tried to download and open FileZilla for Mac and got the message that it couldn’t be opened because it’s a PowerPc version. So I went and got another FTP program (Classic FTP by NCH) and it wants a site email address. the the format ftp.nchsomething.com so when I try every email I have and various versions with various passwords, nothing works.

What on EARTH am I going to do?

No Session :frowning:
No active user session found.

Oh… I think this occurred after clearing the cache/history…

Please. Don’t close any tabs. Open another tab, go to http://000webhost.com/memebers and log in again.

Then try to publish your website again.

Forget about backup. You don’t need it in these circumstances :wink:

All tabs are open and did what you said (using your link after correcting the spelling) but it brought back the Build a Website screen. I selected the second option and then clicked "I already have a website"and it told me I didn’t. How do I find my pages again?

The web pages I am trying to find have the words “Say No to a Hotel/Event Center in Our Neighborhoods” and “Kid’s Petition Contest.”

How do I find my pages again?

You can’t. They’re lost. Clearing the cache clears the cookies as well. Cookies are required by websites to identify each logged client. :disappointed_relieved:

I didn’t knew you were working at your website. I was saying you what to do to access the website address more quickly… :weary:

I am sorry! :disappointed: For future please publish your website more often.

I cleared my cache in SAFARI so I could try to bring up my website. I didn’t clear cache in Chrome where I was trying to build the website (as some of the features of web builder didn’t work in Safari). So the cache can’t be the problem.

I don’t know what you mean by “I didn’t know you were working at your website.” That’s what I have been tryiing to do for 3 days…build the website and use it! I was clicking Publish and Save Draft often.

How can my whole site be lost when it was all there this morning before the system went down?

Can’t you get help from Zyro to find out what they did with my pages? At the very least the last saved versions should be there!

I cleared my cache in SAFARI so I could try to bring up my website. I didn’t clear cache in Chrome where I was trying to build the website (as some of the features of web builder didn’t work in Safari). So the cache can’t be the problem.

Then the cookies probably expired. This happens to prevent cookies hijacking.

I don’t know what you mean by “I didn’t know you were working at your website.” That’s what I have been tryiing to do for 3 days…build the website and use it! I was clicking Publish and Save Draft often.

This makes no sense… Clicking on “Publish” should’ve saved your website by now… :confused:

Please go to Website Builder, pick a random template and publish it. Reply after doing so…

How can my whole site be lost when it was all there this morning before the system went down?

I have no idea. Something is not right. Files are remaining intact during downtimes and after them.

Can’t you get help from Zyro to find out what they did with my pages? At the very least the last saved versions should be there!

I highly doubt it. I’ll ask other staff members about it.

I just did as you asked: brought up a new template and clicked Publish and it loaded and seemed to go…

Yesterday I was dying to be able to have group members view the work I had done so I could get feedback so I would publish it and then go to Safari and try to bring up my website using my domain and never was able to do it.

Ok, so the template loads fine now.

I don’t know… try rebuilding the website. There is nothing else I can think at right now.

This time check it after each time you publish it. If it doesn’t display, try going to Publish > Backup/restore > Download backup

To restore the backup, go to Publish > Backup/restore > Restore and import the backup file.

Try not to work at your website more than 30 minutes. After 30 min Publish, log out and then log back in. To prevent cookies expiration.