Business site was reported by 3rd party

Hi there

it would be appreciated if you could assist on my issue ASAP.

I received the email notified that my business site was reported by SiftScience.
I confirmed that this was falsely identified. The email details can be found below.

Please let me know if any further information is required.
Regards
Bo

==============================

Hi theobedientmonky,

Your website celicagroup.000webhostapp.com was reported by 3rd party abuse detection system - SiftScience.

Reason: Listed in Abuse Dept. Details: Phishing, scam or hacking activities. Abuse report: FWT-GNIVY-898

Hi, I’ve checked on the suspension of your site. The site was suspended by mistake, because our malware scanner falsely identified a script you uploaded as a phishing site.

Please make note that in the future, only staff members can verify a false suspension. Unless otherwise stated, there is reason to believe the suspension is for good reason.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Your site has been restored.

Thanks Sulliops.

Could you please elaborate more to the sentences said that “in the future, only staff members can verify a false suspension. Unless otherwise stated, there is reason to believe the suspension is for good reason”

Does it mean that our website should not be suspend due to the auto detection by the 3rd party - SiftScience?

And If this happens again in future, what will u suggest
Thank you
Regards
Bo

What I mean is that if the website is suspended, all the staff members will immediately believe that it is the fault of the user. Then if we verify the site doesn’t contain any offensive files, we mark it as a false positive.

I’m just trying to say you should be careful when saying things like this, it makes the case look even more suspicious. Sometimes users lie in order to try to avoid us checking on their website files and that just makes it easier for us to disregard the case.

1 Like