Can I install upload MediaWiki files on 000webhost or does a 000webhost staff/administrator member have to do so?

Hello 000webhost. I have also sent an email about this. By the way, I am making a wiki site at en-penguingamestudio.000webhostapp.com, and I want MediaWiki software downloaded on it. If I can install files on the web server, how do you do this step? If there is no way to upload then install files onto the web server site, then here are the steps I planned on doing:

English Penguingamestudio on Editthis wikifarm. This is the original link to the site, and I want all of this backed up. I want both the DATABASE and the FILE SYSTEM backed up.
WikiTeam is useful for backing up wikifarm wikis like the version on Editthis.info. I recommend that you read these GitHub files and carefully use it to backup the original wiki.
Install MediaWiki on the corresponding 000webhost site. This link will tell you how to install MediaWiki on 000webhost before adding the backup from Editthis.info.
Backup a wiki. This will tell you about backing up the database and file system, and what to do during a backup.

After reading all these steps, backup the Editthis.info site, install MediaWiki on the 000webhost site, and then import the Editthis.info data into the 000webhost site. Make sure you have read carefully to perform the backup.

I hope you read this, and thank you for doing so.

You can install all of this yourself, it’s not a service that we provide. Follow whatever instructions you have and if you run into issues, then you can post back.

1 Like

if you don’t know how to upload stuff either
goto files.000webhost.com

or open an ftp client

user: website name
password: website password
host: files.000webhost.com

1 Like