Can I make a folder that is available for PHP, but not directly through an URL

Hello,

I would like to make it possible for visitors of my website to upload pictures. However, I want to be sure that the pictures are appropriate (and real pictures) before I want to make them available for visitors of the website. To do this I would like to create a PHP-file-upload-script that uploads the picture to a folder that is not available through an URL.
This should ensure that the pictures, if they are indeed pictures, can not be seen and thus can not offend anyone before they have been processed by me. It should also ensure that if somebody decides to upload for example a PHP script instead of a picture, they can’t reach it to start it.

So my question is, can I create a persistent folder outside public_html on a 000webhost free account?
And if so: How should I go about doing this (preferably using the File Manager)?

Kind regards, Nico

Then your website may be classed a file upload image sharing script and be suspended.
I wouldn’t recommend a public upload script for image storage.

That is a very valid point. The thing is we have about a hundred volunteers helping during our activities, so I was looking for a way to keep up with their input. But you are right this may not be the way to go.

We use Google Drive and find it works great
https://www.cloudwards.net/best-cloud-storage-for-teams/

Just depends on your setup with logins etc