Cannot connect to ftp on os x

I haven’t yet been able to connect to ftp, using various clients. I have double and triple checked my password by logging in and out again, so I know that’s fine. I’m on os X.

filezilla result:

I’ve patiently compiled many other images using other clients with the same result, but as I’m only allowed to share one image, this will have to do. sigh.

Hit yes, that is only a brief warning :slight_smile:

If you setup a site instead of using quick connect and select no security this warning should not appear.

1 Like

You should be able to share as many images as you need, upload via imgur.com and paste links here [img] tags etc

my username:

cyberduck, login fails

os x native ftp:

os x continued, also indicates invalid username/password.

Use FileZilla

? I’ve installed filezilla and tried connecting, the first image of my post shows the failure that resulted.

Did you follow the tutorial though?

This only appears if you have selected the wrong encryption method.

You can get rid of this error permanently by correctly setting up the connection.

Else you can continue to bypass it by hitting ok

ok, followed the instructions in the previous post, and did get a slightly different result:

here are my settings. is this the right encryption setting?

No wrong setting.

1 Like

I have tried that option, but same error results.

530 error means wrong password.

ok… should it be the same password as my main login to the site? That’s what I understood from the ftp instructions.

Under General Settings you can change the password there.

000webhost.com login is username@email.com and a password.

Each site/app created under 000webhost.com like site1.000webhostapp.com and password123 and site2.000webhostapp.com and password456