Can't connect to my Data Base

Hi! Lately I’m not being able to login to my data base. When I try to access the DB using wifi, it doesn’t connect but when I access the DB using the internet of my cell phone, a mobile internet, I can make the login. Someone can help me on this? Thank you

Your ISP might be blocking us :slight_smile:

Hey! Thanks for answering. But why is this happening just now? I mean… I have this DB since last year but only now this block thing is happening. Do you have any ideas to fix this?

Try clearing your browser’s cache or try opening it in icognito mode or by using a proxy

I already tried this but the problem remains. I use this DB to store some data from an app I’ve developed, so there’s some people using this app now and they’re whith the same issue, they can’t use the app when they are connected on wifi because the info the request in the app are in my BD.

try resetting your router?

Yes, it doesn’t work, but the problem is that even if my router stop to block my DB, the people who are using my DB in their houses will continue to have the DB blocked and I can’t reset or configure their router. So, is there any way to resolve this directly at the website? Thank you for answering my questions! :slight_smile: