Can't park my domain name - 000webhost staff intervention needed

Hello,

I’m facing an error when trying to park my domain name on my 000webhost account.
I have investigated the problem and understand what’s happening in the background. I simply need someone at 000webhost to clear a record in nameservers (or CNAME servers?) in order to unblock me.

Let’s go for the details (english is not my native language, hope it will be clear enough):

• I own a domain name (since 2018/10) at freenom : histoires.tk
  • I want to link this domain name to my 000webhost website : tarn-et-saone

I’ve followed the instructions (the ‘Park domain’ part) from your tutorial: How to point domain name to 000webhost.com
It’s super easy to follow and was successfull when I tried with the two alternate domain names I set up for testing purposes in 2018/12 (and a few other ones for other projects).

My concern is with histoires.tk :

• at the ‘Steps after domain nameservers are changed’ section, it’s all joy and fun until step “3. Enter your domain name and click Park domain”.

• whenever I try to enter my domain name histoires.tk, the same error occurs again and again : “This domain already in use.”

• I also noticed that, after having previously entered ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com in “Use custom nameservers” at freenom, my domain name histoires.tk now points to another website here at 000webhostapp.com and displays some content that is not mine. Ewww… That’s embarassing!
    (note: if I remove custom nameservers from my freenom domain setup and use a 301 redirect to tarn-et-saone.000webhostapp.com, it works like a charm, but that’s not how I want to use my domain name. You can ask me to redirect my domain name to whatever you chose for verification purposes, I’ll gladly change it on demand)

• Using the Google Dig tool, I’ve understood what was going on:
    toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#NS/www.histoires.tk

Conclusion: bad luck for me, it seems that the previous owner of histoires.tk did the exact same process to point this domain name to his website : wwwhistoirestk.000webhostapp.com (this explains why, when I enter 000webhost custom nameservers in my freenom setup, this person’s content is showing up at my domain name url ; this won’t happen with my other domains histoires.ml and histoires.gq - I’ve deleted histoires.gq to keep a free slot in ‘My domains’ here at 000webhost).

Can you please clear the record for histoires.tk in your servers (unpark it from wwwhistoirestk.000webhostapp.com as he didn’t renew his ownership over histoires.tk and isn’t legally allowed to park this domain name anymore, plus I can’t use this domain name at its full potential) so I can point this .tk domain name (which I repeat is now mine) to MY website here. All is ready on freenom side, I’m just waiting for this problem to be fixed on 000webhost side.
Thanks in advance. Best regards,
John

Subsidiary question:
Back in 2011, I owned a website here, which url was histoires.comule.com. I’ve maintained this site for a few years, then had to let it sleep for a few years.
When I came back in 2018, old subdomains had been dismissed in favor of the new 000webhostapp.com urls. My old website has been automatically archived, but my question is : can’t we migrate and re-use old websites names or have I missed something? In my case, I wasn’t able to register histoires.000webhostapp.com (“Another website with this name already exists.” I know, that’s my old website 000webhost won’t let me manage anymore :/). Would be simpler than having to register a new website name (had to chose something else, not ideal).

Hi @f9d8bwz
Can you please try now parking your domain? :slight_smile:

You got it right, once a website name is used it can’t be reused again so you just only have to use a new name.
I hope you got answers to your questions.
Feel free to reply to this thread for any other question. :wink:

1 Like

Hey,
Thank you very much @Ayu , it now works as expected. You deserve a medal for your quick and kind response and resolution of my problem.
I can now put a ‘solved’ flag to this thread.

Thanks again. Cheers from France.
John

3 Likes