Can't point DNS because lack of IPs

Hello,

My domain registrar assistant require IP for DNS ns01 and ns02, how can i find those IP ? I’ve searched everywhere but still can’t find them.

Please help, thank you.

Hi @grimreaper3320
If you want to point your domain then you don’t need ip. You have to set two cname records
@ your000webhostappurl.com
www your000webhostappurl.com

And ip are not available on free plans. If you need ip for your website then consider upgrading to

1 Like

Hi Ayu,

Thank you for your help.
That’s it ? Just two cname and i’m ready ? My free domain website right now is https://minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com/index.html so the format for cname should be :
@ minhdangseafood(.)000webhostapp(.)com
www minhdangseafood(.)000webhostapp(.)com

Correct ? Sorry i’m new to web and stuffs.
Before i joined 000webhost my domain pointed to a different host provider which means their cnames setting still there. Should i delete those cnames or i just add new ones and things just work ? If not then which should i delete then ? I’m confused because there are email domains in there so i don’t want to mess things up.

Thank you very much.

Yes you have to add those two cname records and delete previous records except your mx records if any.
And they should be like

1. Record:- cname
    Name:- @
    Content/url: minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com

2.Record:- cname
Name:- www

And you are done

1 Like

000webhost doesn’t use “A” record anymore.

You need to use Nameservers or CNAME method.

Let us know if your issue is solved or not

1 Like

Hi @Ayu,
Hi @akhilkumar332,

Thank you guys. What about ns01.000webhost.com
ns02.000webhost.com ? Should i add these too ?
The problem i’m facing now is when i add the below record, registrar said “Adding record not successful, please check your data” ??

Record:- cname
Name:- @

I’m using a local domain provider and i’m afraid they might be outdated or something. And according to their guide, if i want to add host record @, it has to be type A , there for IP is needed…
The other option is to use URL redirect record type, can this be the one ? Oh and i already parked my domain to 000webhost account.

Your help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi @grimreaper3320
If you have already parked it here using our nameservers then no need to point it.
Buy if you want to point then you have to add two cname records as I said earlier.
Can you screenshot your registrar error

1 Like

Hi @Ayu,

I parked but it said “Waiting for nameservers”, what should i do next ?
I can give you a screen shot but it’s in Vietnamese so i don’t think that might help.
About ns01 and ns02 nameserver, how should i add it to registrar ? Like this ?

Yes you are doing right. If you want to point it then just add two cname records and delete those nameservers and if you want to park it then delete those cname records and only update your custom nameservers.

And wait for sometime and then click on recheck nameservers

1 Like

Ok correct me if i’m wrong.

1. Option pointing : keep
    cname | @ | minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com (not possible at the moment) and cname | www | minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com
    Delete ns01 and ns02

2. Option parking : keep ns01 and ns02, delete
    cname | @ | minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com and cname | www | minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com

My questions are :
1/ These should be no reason to keep all 3 cname right ? What if i do and what would happen ?
2/ What are the differences between 2 options ? Which one’s better and more beneficial ?
3/ I did tried option 2, added those nameservers and waited a week but nothing happened. What should i do ?

Now just park it here it means only update your nameservers to ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com and delete any cname records if exist and when you successfully updated your nameservers then confirm it to me and give me your website link.

1 Like

Hi @Ayu,

It seems to be pointed to 000webhost, but it says There’s nothing here, yet.
This domain is ready to be registered.
When i click Start your website it redirect to 000webhost sign up page eventhough my website is already uploaded and functional on this link https://minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com/index.html
My domain is minhdangseafood.com
What can i do next my friend ?

Have you linked it under set web address on 000webhost.com?

2 Likes

Hi @Infinity ,

Kindly guide me how to do that please, all i did was parking my domain to 000webhost and added cnames like @Ayu told.

Head to set web address page and screenshot it please?

1 Like

@Infinity here you go

You need to ask your domain registrar or do it yourself point your nameservers to ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com

Current nameservers

id 56302 opcode QUERY rcode NOERROR flags QR RD RA ;QUESTION minhdangseafood.com. IN NS ;ANSWER minhdangseafood.com. 3599 IN NS dns15.fpt.vn. minhdangseafood.com. 3599 IN NS dns16.fpt.vn. ;AUTHORITY ;ADDITIONAL

1 Like

Well i already did, about 2 weeks now, but nothing happens. Should i delete www CName minhdangseafood.000webhostapp.com in registrar to see if anything changes ?

Guys, i found out the problem. When i added new domain i changed to “point” instead of “park” and voila !
My only remaining problem is i can only access webpage via full link : www.minhdangseafood.com but only minhdangseafood.com then it can’t.
How to solve this please ?

Put this in your .htaccess file

RewriteEngine on
rewritecond %{http_host} ^minhdangseafood.com [nc]
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.minhdangseafood.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

2 Likes