Can't upload files: "Log in details are not correct."

Hello

I’m trying to uplolad files to my website by acessing files.000webhostapp.com. I’ve been uploading with no issues for the past few days. My password is stored in my browser, I haven’t typed it except for the first time.

Last night, it worked fine. Today, it won’t let me login, saying: “Log in details are not correct”. The details haven’t changed.
In settings, I changed the password for that site. It still doesn’t work.

The weird thing is that sometimes, like once out of twenty, it does login. I see the folder in the root directory. But whatever I do after (click a folder, click Upload, click Refresh) I’m again logged out.

What can I do?
I’m running an experiment on the website, it collects data for a study. It is extremely important that I get it up and running.

Thanks.

J.

P.S. I have searched the forum for “Log in details are not correct.” and found no solutions.

Do you have access to FTP client like FileZilla to test if that works?

Just tried. Can’t login. I get the following message: “421 500 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry” as a welcome message.

Ah yeah seems to be too many users connected and so other users can only connect once previously connected users disconnect, not sure if this is a bug/issue or just a defined value that needs changed on the server etc.

So it’s on 000webhost’s end? Or is there some setting I can change?

Yeah I believe it is on their end, my apologies.

No problem. Thank you for the help.

Are there any news on this?
I momentarily logged in and got logged back out in a few seconds.
As of now, the error message is:

and I’m locked out again.

https://files.000webhost.com/ can you login there using your site name and password?

Nope.

“Log in details are not correct.”

That’s where it all started,

I can only hope they are working on the servers and that is why there are few login issues at the moment.

Is there no place where the staff would post an announcement? Besides http://status.000webhost.com/
An estimate of when things will work?

As of now, I keep getting
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I only solved this when I changed the password for FTP. just use the website name (without any .com or whatsoever) and use the updated password

1 Like