Charlie help Request

As above :slight_smile:

richmondsounddesign.com

What is your 000webhostapp URL sorry?

I don’t use the 000webhostapp - I edit my pages offline and upload them via WinSCP only.

Hi, all sites hosted with us have a 000webhostapp URL by default, you can park a custom domain like you’ve posted above but the 000webhostapp URL is still active and it would be the username used for FTP too we use the 000webhostapp URL for looking up users on our system.

username is richmmondsounddesign

Thanks checking. :slight_smile:

https://richmondsounddesign.000webhostapp.com

Thanks I’ve checked your FTP using File Manager and face no issues uploading or downloading files via it.

Your site loads fine in the browser with no issue either.

I’ve changed your FTP password so you’ll need to use Website Settings > General > Change Password option via 000webhost.com to select a new FTP password.

Connected with FileZilla no issues here

Your website loads in all browsers for me without any issue.

I use Google DNS not OpenDNS like the user you’ve posted about.

I would suggest you tell your user again to disable their “Cisco Security” or OpenDNS whichever they use.

They can report an incorrect blockage too which is on your custom domain.

We only provide free HTTPS/SSL for our free subdomain 000webhostappURL.
If you use a custom domain you need to seek your own SSL/HTTPS - for FULL security/protection this isn’t possible on the free plan using a custom domain without upgrading to premium.
Some users use “Flexible” CloudFlare between their custom domain and our servers to display the “protected look” when visitors launch your site.

The user I reported experienced the block because of the cruise ship’s provider - it is not his own and has no control over it. I will try changing my pwd.

1 Like

Nope. Changed my pwd per your instructions and changed it in WinSCP and still can’t login.

Not sure then try using alternative FTP software in the meantime.

What do you recommend?

FileZilla seems to be working fine currently.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64
https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win32

Installed FileZilla and tried to login:Status: Resolving address of files.000webhost.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_AGAIN - Temporary failure in name resolution”.
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_AGAIN - Temporary failure in name resolution”.
Error: Could not connect to server

So FileZilla excels in the detail of its reporting and obviously a nameserver isn’t working for your domain which is strange because I can easily login here with Chrome.

It would seem something local with yourself maybe a local ISP is having issues or outdated DNS servers etc.

You could certainly try using alternative DNS failing that a proxy or VPN, I firstly would start with disabling firewall software / antivirus just temporarily to check.

Thank you very much!

Disabling Windows Defender did not help…

My providers told me to change my DNS servers to the google ones and that worked.

1 Like