Clicked pages loading as mywebsite.000webhostapp.com/example.html and not my domain/example.html

So I made a website and got my domain to link as my point domain. I have Wordpress installed.

When I visit my website at mydomain.com, it goes to mywebsite.000webhostapp.com page but the URL bar says mydomain.com. when I click a link (for example the Wordpress default “Hello World!” tester blog) it’ll go to mywebsite.000webhostapp.com/2017/07/hello-world instead of mydomain.com/2017/07/hello-world.

I’ve had it done before on other websites where I have hosting with one place and a domain from another, the host had its own URLs but when I pointed my domain there they turned into URLs from my domain.

Like I should be able to access my Wordpress dashboard from mydomain.com/wp-admin but I can’t.

Could it be because my domain link is new? Its been about 24hrs since I started on everything.

I also at first had to link my domain as a parked domain, let my domain host calibrate the cname from changing the DNS (couldn’t do it manually), then deleted it and linked it as a pointed domain link by the cname record. Im not sure if that has affected anything.

I fixed this for you, you can now access all parts of your site using your custom domain.

I checked after you posted this, and it still wasn’t working on my custom domain.

I decided to give it a few days, maybe to callibrate or something. Now, I cant even access the website from my custom domain. It keeps saying cant find server.

Try this

Thanks. I just tried this and it is already set to my domain.

On my phone, it says it’s a DNS error. I check my DNS settings and it’s the correct ones. Should I try contacting the company that I have my domain with?

Just try flushing out your cache/history/data dns cache on devices that still aren’t loading it.

Have you correctly pointed your domain to ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com yes?

I did all of that. And I rechecked that the domain was pointed to the ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com

If anyone would like to check my domain is marisa-lander.com

It’s not showing up for me on my phone or my computer

I can’t see any nameservers listed.

Can you screenshot your registrar domain page showing the nameservers correctly?

How can I pull up this to view? I’m interested to see what the cname tab says. On 000webhost it says my site is linked by the cname

Should I try unlinking then relinking my domain on 000webhost?

NSs haven’t fully propagated yet.

Thank you so much for this!

Seriously the best support/community forum I’ve ever used lol.

No problem.
We are here to help, and we are doing our best to keep our customers happy!
Each customer counts! :slight_smile:

Should I check with 1and1 about why the nameservers still haven’t propagated? It’s been well over 48 hours since I did everything

I just went ahead and called…1and1 said everything is fine on their end and that with the hosting it’s not getting something for the A record or it’s showing there’s no IP address?? Idk I didn’t really follow what he was trying to say. Now it’s becoming stuff I don’t understand lol.

Should I try unlinking my domain in the cpanel and relink it?

There should be no A records whatsoever, we don’t use them. Can you try setting up your domain using the CNAME method?

There no way for me to edit the cname on 1and1. It only lets me edit the nameservers and you can edit the cname for a subdomain, that’s it

When I first tried to link my domain it wouldn’t link. It kept saying I needed to update the cname and I couldn’t do it I just did the nameservers and hoped maybe it would calibrate something with the cname. So instead of linking the domain as a pointed address, I parked it. Then it finally let me link my domain and on my backend of 000webhost it says it’s linked by the cname.

If you can only edit nameservers, try using Cloudflare so that you have a full DNS zone. The tutorial below will help.

Thank you! Is there an MX records I need to add? It says there’s no MX record

You don’t have to, it just tells you that.