CloudFare. Suggestion to all whose site is down (domain owners only)

Very cool free service!! Thanx for posting it, lrastart!

Just going to put an update on here so everyone can see how it helps 000webhost and my site. :slight_smile:

This months statistics using cloudflare:
22,093 Total page views
11,792 from regular traffic
1,167 from crawlers/bots
9,134 from threats

953 Unique visitors
102 Unique crawlers
178 Unique threats

30,167 requests saved by CloudFlare
53,305 total requests

224.9 MB bandwidth saved by CloudFlare
393.7 MB total bandwidth

Avg. Page Load Time (sec)
2.80 <-- This used to be around 5 seconds.

really it is the coolest thing i have ever seen in website industry.my site loading time is dramatically decreased.

thanks for sharing …my best wishes with all of you guys…

I have a domain,so can I use this service for free without payments?

And if I change my name servers now will it cause a problem here at 000webhost?

Thanks,

Nope, should work fine if properly configured. Just remember however that you might get a message in your 000webhost control panel that your domain is not pointing to our servers. Just ignore this :slight_smile:

It won’t effect services such as e-mail and redirects either right?
I’m a bit concerned because I want to make sure everything would work fine afterwards, :slight_smile:
Thanks,

I changed the name servers and did everything at CloudFlare but now when I visit my site www.cartondock.com I see the error

Error establishing a database connection

Why is this?

same here

Error establishing a database connection

www.photo-graphic.me

Should I wait for Admins to solve the problem or can I do smth in CPanel?

That was due to a server error; (server 37 and etc I think), it should be ok in a few hours or so :slight_smile:

I have read your post so I try the service today.

I’m using co.cc domain and I need help with DNS setting (I really have no idea).
Is setting suggested by cloudflare alone sufficient?

Can anyone confirm, can i use cloudflare for my whole website i.e (would reduce bandwidth/request).

Been using cloudflare for 20 days when i setup my site with 000webhost, yesterday my hosting account got disabled for inactivity.

Whoa, awesome! Do MySQL and PHP break when a cached copy is used?

sadaqallahul-azim.co.cc is not a registered domain.

I’m pretty sure it is ¬_¬

I started using cloudflare and it has made my pages visibly load faster BUT the loading icon (at least in Chrome) doesn’t stop spinning for quite a while.

So even the the page looks to be completely loaded and everything seems to work fine, the browser seems to be still loading something.

Does anyone else have this problem too?
Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

I started using cloudflare and it has made my pages visibly load faster BUT the loading icon (at least in Chrome) doesn’t stop spinning for quite a while.

So even the the page looks to be completely loaded and everything seems to work fine, the browser seems to be still loading something.

Does anyone else have this problem too?
Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

For a question like that your better off e-mailing help [at] cloudflare.com

And no, i don’t get that problem. Whats the link to your site? It could just be a caching issue (But thats just a guess)

Wow, it’s awesome! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

IF INTERESTED COOL SCRIPT HERE FOR PHP CLICK

This is great!!! The loading time has dropped considerably.
There is only one problem: FTP is not working. Any idea how to fix it?
Thanks!

It’s OK now.
It was common sense.
Because I changed the DNS records of my domain to point to CloudFlare , I just had to use the IP instead of the domain name to connect with FTP.