CNAME not working

Why doesn’t the CNAME domain pointing work? I have cname configured and working but 000webhost wont recognize them.

There seems to be issue with cname!!!
But instead use name servers !!!

Hi, i can’t use the name server option as i need control of the dns. I have a sub domain pointing to different site. Cname is currently pointed to my site and i get black page of 000webhost saying there’s nothing here yet…

what is your 000webhostapp.com domain name and what domain are you trying to point?

@teme cname is working fine now !!!

Hello, the problem persists. I just registered a domain name and created a CNAME record pointing to my 000WebHost site and get the same messsage:

Therer’s nothing here yet.
This domain is ready to be registered.

G Suite Toolbox yields correct information so I know the problem is at the 000WebHost.com end.

Should I create a new thread or wait for a reply here?

Thanks!

Please screenshot your CNAME records as well as your set web address tab in 000webhost cPanel

NAME TYPE TTL TARGET
(empty) CNAME 300 dumpish-quarters.000webhostapp.com
www CNAME 300 dumpish-quarters.000webhostapp.com

Canonical Name: graduation-project.gq

Replace (empty) by an @
If @ changes to your domain, let it.
If not, replace @ by your domain name.

@ causes the following message:
Error occured: Invalid name in dnsrecord

graduation-project.gq is accepted but it does not show up in the list (no record is created) and did not solve the problem.

Did you click save changes?

Yes, but it did not create anything new. No new record. The problem is still threre.

Why not park your domain to 000webhost?
Change your nameservers to
NS01.000WEBHOST.COM
NS02.000WEBHOST.COM
then go to your cPanel and park the domain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @UnicoPerico !

If you are still experiencing the issue with CNAME, replace the empty field with your naked domain name: graduation-project.gq

Then go to 000webhost cPanel and unlink/relink your domain. It should be fine now :wink:

Unlinking-relinking not possible as I am not parking the domain but using a CNAME record. I want to manage the DNS in order to be able to add other records…
If using CNAME is not working you can tell me so I can stop trying.
Thanks.

If you are using CNAME, did you point your domaim correctly to 000webhost?