DaBearsManiac WordPress Rate Limited

I started using the free website subscription last week and I was very impressed. I was planning on paying for the full subscription this week and get my custom domain setup.

However, it looks like my site (and the content I poured hours into) has been completely retconned. I can’t find my files and I don’t have access to the Wordpress editor for my website either. For some reason my email password reset never sends me a link, and when I access my site from the main 000Webhost page, it comes up generic with no content.

Seems you reinstalled WordPress, I’ve reverted this for you as the previous database was still available as you didn’t overwrite luckily.

See the thread above, basically don’t reinstall ever, wait rate limiting out.

This isn’t a sales post but it will likely come across as one - 000webhost is a free service it is a project created by a team that work at Hostinger, we provide free hosting to learners wanting to host their projects and learn coding etc, trying to host a long term / fulltime website on the free platform wouldn’t be advised - while people do use 000webhost for this - at the same time it could give them the false impression they are “having a test of Hostinger” etc - this again is not the case - 000webhost is a beta project and is always in development while Hostinger Premium Hosting Services is exactly that - premium, industry tested managed website hosting - ran by Hostinger a dedicated provider to various packages of hosting.
There is nothing similar between the two hosting platforms apart from they are cloud hosting platforms.

000webhost:
Free hosting, 300MB disk usage, 3000MB monthly usage, lots of limitations on database, unique daily visitors, requests and more. Basic website builder, WordPress installation or File Manager/FTP for uploading websites.
Unreliable email forwarding and cron jobs, option to park or point a custom domain and some little features like redirects and such.

Hostinger:
Professional hosting, managed and support provided 24/7 via your panel.
A service you pay for - and expect to get exactly what you pay for.
Depending on package taken you get
Various amounts of disk usage
Unlimited monthly bandwidth
No limits like 000webhost - visitor limits or such things
SSH / Root access
Dedicated IP(s)
Access to hPanel - tons of features way more than 000webhost obviously
Dedicated email management, forwarding or webmail is available, automatic email responders, mail service control and catch-all emails or GSuite.
Park more domains to your hosting, add subdomains, use addon domains and create redirections easily.
Website monitoring software, access to the automatic script installation wizard - 100+ scripts at your hands, Access to the website builder, import your existing website, custom error pages available via the hPanel and website templates to download and use.
CloudFlare / real HTTPS/SSL certificate installation is available
DNS Zone Editor - FULL DNS Management, PHP Configuration - actual access to modify the PHP configuration unlike 000webhost which has a lot of features locked down for security and siabled. Premium cron job control, cache manager, GIT usage, SSL management.
MYSQL Databases - unlimited compared to 2 on 000webhost - no limits imposed - full phpMyAdmin, REMOTEMYSQL included. Password protect directories fast and easily, IP management panel, hotlink protection, folder index management tools, activity logs.
FTP account control - create additional FTP accounts to access your disk space to workmates etc.

I don’t expect anyone to actually trawl through that but in a TL;DR style (too long, didn’t read)

000webhost - free - limited - unreliable at times :frowning:
Hostinger - $40ish a year on offer - fully featured no limits - 99.9% uptime guarantee and money back and live support plus a ton of features and professionally managed servers

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.