DNS lookup shows my NS changed however 000webhost is still Waiting for nameservers

Hi,

I checked online for DNS lookup to make sure it’s changed and it is. My NS are pointing to ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com. Could you please help as it’s been over a day like that.

My domain name is: puremayhemdesigns.com

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

So within set web address on 000webhost.com what do you see?

puremayhemdesigns.com?

Hit manage, link

According to who.is, there are no DNS records for that domain :confused:

1. Could you please re-update the NameServers from your registrar cPanel?

2. Then, go to 000webhost cPanel, unlink your domain, then try to park it again.

3. Also, from time to time, thick cPanel > Set web address > puremayhemdesigns.com > Recheck NameServers

I’m afraid it’s not ready to be linked. It just stats ‘waiting for nameservers’. However, I did some testing on another domain and it immediately showed as ready. But my name servers and DNS lookup shows that my domain is pointing to 000webhost…I managed to make it work yesterday. Quick question which is the reason I’m changing it from pointing domain to parking it. I have sendmail enabled in my settings, which I need so I can have a contact from on my website. But having the sendmail option enabled on my website supersedes my MX records. So I cannot receive emails anymore. And if I disable the sendmail option I won’t be able to have a working contact form.
So my question, would parking the domain instead of pointing it and then changing the MX records within 000webhost would allow me to receive emails and send emails from my website?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your time. However, I’m afraid I already tried all of what you mentioned. I have contacted my domain register in hopes to see if it’s from their end. In the meantime, could you please help with my above question to @Infinity. Thanks, appreciate it.

Yes! Actually, only parked domains can be configured to use specific MX records in 000webhost :wink:

Just a question: you mean you’ve tried to point your domain all this time? :confused:

@NGiNX No, I pointed it yesterday. But when I noticed the problem I found out parking it could solve it. so removed all my domain CNAME links and “tried” to park it instead.
So if I understand you correctly you mean that parking it and changing the MX record will allow me to receive emails even with the sendmail enabled in my settings? So I will be able to send and receive emails from my website and also receive email from regular mail to my domain email address?

And thank you for your time, really appreciate it.

Also the following domain “mysitetest.ga” gives the same result but it connects immediately when I try to park it. Any ideas on how to solve it?

No, I pointed it yesterday. But when I noticed the problem I found out parking it could solve it. so removed all my domain CNAME links and “tried” to park it instead.

Ok, I think you are confusing parking and pointing. I may be wrong, but i feel the need to explain it.

1. Parking the domain means configuring your registrar to set your domain use 000webhost NSs. The NSs contain the main DNS records such as A, CNAME, MX, etc, which are required for domain to load properly. If you have configured your domain to use 000webhost’s NS, then your only choice is to park your domain.

2. CNAME point means another provider is managing your main DNS records, and you must configure that provider to create a CNAME redirect to your 000webhost website.

So if I understand you correctly you mean that parking it and changing the MX record will allow me to receive emails even with the sendmail enabled in my settings?

Parking is the only way to change the MX records from 000webhost cPanel. If you have parked your domain, you have two ways to configure the e-mail. If it’s just e-mail forwarding, I suggest you the second one.

• Please go to cPanel > Set web address > your-domain > Manage > Modify MX records, and configure your website to use your e-mail provider.

• Or else, you can create an e-mail forward, which will forward all received e-mails to a custom e-mail address. Go to cPanel > Manage Email > Create to use this feature :wink:

NOTE: 000webhost allows you to send up to 50 emails using PHP mail() function, so if your website is sending the e-mails, and not yourself, manually, this thing is auto-configured. :wink:

Also the following domain “mysitetest.ga” gives the same result but it connects immediately when I try to park it. Any ideas on how to solve it?

That’s the way it should. You must leave it parked, as it is your only option :wink:

I hope my answer will shed some lights :slight_smile:

I know the difference, but thanks for the explanation anyway.

I’m afraid I need “puremayhemdesigns.com” to be parked. I managed to park another domain called “mysitetest.ga” which shows the same DNS results on who.is (which also shows my nameservers connected to 000webhost), but I do not want “mysitetest.ga” to be parked and linked, I want “puremayhemdesigns.com”. I apologise for any miscommunication previously, I hope I explained myself correctly this time. I want to park “puremayhemdesigns.com” on 000webhost but I still get waiting for nameserver. Is there any solution for this problem?

Good. According to who.is, your NSs for puremayhemdesigns.com are now updated.

Re-park your domain puremayhemdesigns.com in 000webhost cPanel and thick cPanel > Set web address > puremayhemdesigns.com > Recheck NameServers from time to time. It should work :wink:

I did try, I also tried your previous recommendations but nothing is working…

I’ve sent you a PM .

I am having the same problem with custvillage.000webhostapp.com, trying to link it to custvillage.co.nz. I click on LINK but the button stays MANAGE. Is this a system problem? Saw the website briefly earlier on.

Your website is loading just fine :wink:

Please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS and try again. Or just wait, and try again later. :slight_smile:

I have cleared the cache, how do you flush DNS?

Start > cmd.exe > ipconfig /flushdns > Enter

I’ve seen DNS take up to 48 hours and as extreme as five days.
Lets just wait a while.