DNS / SSL with CloudFlare

After moving a website to 000webhost and configuring Cloudflare nameservers, I had the problem, that the browser shows an error, that the SSL certificate is from *.000webhostapp.com

This is my 2nd site on 000webhost The first site is configured identically, and SSL works fine. Hence, with the first site I have configured Cloudflare’s SSL not to ‘flexible’ but to ‘full’, opposed to help article How To Use Cloudflare For SSL, and it works fine. The browser shows that the Cloudflare certificate is being used. However, I couldn’t get the 2nd site’s SSL running, no matter if I select ‘flexible’ or ‘full’ SSL on Cloudflare.

Now I found one little configuration diffenence: on Cloudflare, for the site running fine, I have an A and an AAAA record defined for us-east-1.route-1.000webhost.awex.io This is not described in How to point domain from cloudflare.com to 000webhost.com and I don’t know, why I have these records. I added those also to the problematic site, but the SSL errors still don’t disapear.

What are these A / AAAA records to us-east-1.route-1.000webhost.awex.io for? Why does one site have them and the other not (both nameserver settings were imported automatically)? And most important, how can I solve the SSL problem?

So see :

The best and only configuration we recommend for using Flexible SSL with 000webhost free learning platform is

TWO CNAME RECORDS POINTING to your 000webhostapp.com for NON WWW and WWW :slight_smile:

We do not recommend ANY other records in CloudFlare A/AAAA at all.

If you follow that tutorial above you can’t go wrong.

If you did want FULL SSL then an upgrade would be required

Most of Hostinger comes with Free Lifetime SSL by Let’s Encrypt but you could still use FULL SSL with Hostinger via CloudFlare if still required.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.