Domain Pointing

Hi Andrius. I have my domain with namecheap and I followed the steps in your tutorial.
if I type www.pavelralev.com in my browser it takes me to the correct website but the url changes to https://pavelralev.000webhostapp.com/. Is there any way i can prevent that?

make sure your php code does not do that redirect. because i am pretty sura that this redirect is doen by your website itself

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out, that was the source of the problem and is now solved by adding define(‘WP_HOME’,‘http://www.pavelralev.com’);
define(‘WP_SITEURL’,‘http://www.pavelralev.com’);

in the index.php file.

Hello,Andrius
Could you help me please?
I have upload my 2 web sites on 000webhost I use it for free,Im not a premium user. For second one I want add my domain name I bought on Godaddy: www.bojanaart.com
When I go on 000webhost - change web address- I have a domain - then I have notification : Go to your domain provider & point CNAME record to: and 000webhost address for my site. Ok then I went to Godaddy and I find Cname. I made CNAME for name I put 000webhost address and for VALUE I put my www.bojanaart.com but after two days nothing happened. And 000webhost still send for I point CNAME record.

@bojana please follow this tutorial

Andrius

I have followed the tutorial and now getting a 404 error when i go to my domain.

also when following the turorial i am getting an error, please see screenshots

Here’s the godaddy name change

Enter www.the6transporters.com with www to the domain name field

Hi everyone, I am in forum about 1 hour and couldnt find a result for simple issue.
Cannot point my address in Godaddy to 000webhost

Lets say my 000webhost address is: myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com
My GoDaddy domain: www.myfirstwebsite.com

I have done 2 different things. First I changed cname settings on www and _domainconnect as below

cname www myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com
cname _domainconnect myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com

that did not work.

Then I tried to change the Name Server settings in Godaddy to
ns01.000webhost.com
ns02.000webhost.com

waited around 1 hour nothing happened.

When I go control panel Set Web Address - I have a Domain - It says "Go to your domain provider & point CNAME record to: myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com"
If the CNAME in question the first step I have done, it should be working by now. But it did not.
Please kindly help me.
Thanks

So, can anyone guide my trough step by step instructions, that might help hundreds of people later on.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I am having the same issue. did you get it resolved?

Thanks

Not exactly what I wanted, but I added domain forwarding (permanent redirect) to www.mydomain.com and it’ll have to do.

@admin, please do not delete this question. The one you are pointing is obsolete out of date info.
We need a fresh information about this.

Hi everyone, I am in forum about 1 hour and couldnt find a result for simple issue.
Cannot point my address in Godaddy to 000webhost

Lets say my 000webhost address is: myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com
My GoDaddy domain: www.myfirstwebsite.com

I have done 2 different things. First I changed cname settings on www and _domainconnect as below

cname www myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com
cname _domainconnect myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com

that did not work.

Then I tried to change the Name Server settings in Godaddy to
ns01.000webhost.com
ns02.000webhost.com

waited around 1 hour nothing happened.

When I go control panel Set Web Address - I have a Domain - It says
"Go to your domain provider & point CNAME record to:
myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com"
If the CNAME in question the first step I have done, it should be working by now. But it did not.
Please kindly help me.
Thanks

So, can anyone guide my trough step by step instructions, that might help hundreds of people later on.
Thanks

Hi,

I have a domain registered with godaddy and I have also created a CNAME and used domain forwarding.
I am able to see the 000webhost welcome page when I access my domain but still the “000webhost” site gives me the ERROR : Domain asimshaikh.me CNAME must be pointed to asimshaikh.000webhostapp.com

Any help will be much appreciated.

hi i follow instructions
i changed cname and it showing me
"please fill in all requierd fields"
so crazy… what FIELDS???

I have a free domain (myys7g.cf) hosted by freenom (I don’t want to buy a domain for now)
And I’ve tried to change the 000webhost domain to this one, and it asked me to add a target to CNAME:

After to confirm, a message pops up: ''Please fill in all required fields."
http://prnt.sc/d1fd2r (Has to be a link because I can only put one image in a post :cry:)

And the CNAME is already set and all…
http://www.samdns.com/lookup/cname/myys7g.cf/
Can someone help me? :sob:

I am having the same issue and also finding it hard to point a cname for a sub domain name to 000webhost i started a thread but yet to hear back …i hope i do soon need to be able to access my site I am building to make sure it looks ok in a browser…

if you get this issue fixed please let us know…

Thanks

Ok, so a few things. First: change your name servers back to default. What you got wrong in the first place was, you weren’t supposed to change the cname settings on _domainconnect. I also use GoDaddy and so did the6transporters up above, who provided a screenshot; once your name servers have been switched back in GoDaddy, change your cname settings back to:

cname _domainconnect _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com

If your name servers have already switched over to 000webhost’s, it may take anywhere from 24-48 hours for them to really switch back to GoDaddy. You’ll be able to change the cname and A records right away, but your website will still not work. You can check on the progress of the switch by looking for your domain name on www.whatsmydns.net.

Once your name servers have switched back: your site will ONLY work if you type “www.myfirstwebsite.com” into the browser. It still WILL NOT WORK if you only type in the naked domain, “myfirstwebsite.com”. If you want to be able to do both, you will need to change the A record.

First: Look up your subdomain, myfirstwebsite.000webhostapp.com, on who.is. Then, click on DNS records, as shown below. Look at the values of the A records for your subdomain. (They may well be different from the ones shown here.)

Go back to GoDaddy. Change the value for the A record as follows:

A @ [myfirstwebsite.000webhost.com A record value]

That is, I changed my A record on GoDaddy to:

A @ 153.92.13.176

Again, you may need to wait up to 48 hours for everything to work itself out, but by the end of that your site should be live both on “www.myfirstwebsite.com” and “myfirstwebsite.com”. Hope this helped.

1 Like

I hope somebody will create an official document about this and put it at the head of the Forums (fixed) so that it can be found easily. The old ways of doing things was easier and better IMO.

Thanks.

Just what I was looking for. Thank you!