E-mail forward doesn't work with sendmail

Hi!

I have a sendmail form to send e-mails with PHP through 000webhost.com infrastructure.
I also have a e-mail forward (info@mydomain.com --> myemail@gmail.com).

Sending e-mails to myemail@gmail.com works.
Sending e-mails to info@mydomain.com works, they arrive to myemail@gmail.com.

Using the sendmail form to send e-mails to myemail@gmail.com works.
Using the sendmail form to send e-mails to info@mydomain.com does NOT work!?

How can this be?
It’s like 000webhost.com doesn’t forward e-mails that come from their own servers?

Thanks in advance!

If you used your 50 max emails for today, the emails will not send. How many emails were sent out today?

Maybe 5 e-mails or something. The quota is not filled. Also it works now when I try to send directly to myemail@gmail.com through the PHP sendmail form, it’s only when I try to send to the e-mail forward address; info@mydomain.com that it doesn’t work.

Edit: Just to be clear; I’ve double checked that it IS the e-mail forward address that is the problem. My form says that the e-mail is sent, just like normal, but the e-mail never arrives. And this is only happening when using the e-mail forward address.

Can you forward the form submissions to your Gmail address without going through the custom email or do you need to use it?

I guess I can use the Gmail address in the form since it works …
But it’s a little annoying when it works to send regular e-mails to the e-mail forward address – just not via the form.
If there isn’t a solution I guess I can live with it … :expressionless:

Hi viRioL!

I think 000webhost doesn’t allow e-mail forwarding between its servers to prevent spam and overload. I will ask the administrators.

You can however configure the MX records of your domain (cPanel > Set web address > domain > Manage > Set MX records) to use another mailing service like Zoho, or ImprovMX if 000webhost does not appeal to you. If it’s just e-mail forwarding, I suggest using ImprovMX. :wink:

there is no such limitation on servers.

3 Likes

@viRioL It should work try again.