Robert_proj email forwarding

Our email forwarding is not working.
Support center:
Do you have any clue?
I’ve emailed you > 24 hours and I haven’t got it fixed.

Thanks.

Robert

Could you please try again in 24hours as we’re having temporary issues with the servers :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.
Though we’ve been suffering years, 24 hours is still a good solution.
I have some urgent case to do in the coming week, so, thank you very much for your fastest response.
Hope I can get it done tomorrow.
Thanks.

Robert

You should checkout https://improvmx.com for reliable free forwarding in conjunction with using our free hosting.

What’s the relationship between 000webhost and improvmx.com ?

Thanks.

Robert

question for moderator:

Is username “Infinity” working for 000webhost.com? Is improvemx.com the website 000webhost.com want us to move to for email forwarding in the future service?

Thanks.

Robert

No relationship just a reliable alternative and free

Thanks for your great idea !
Since 000webhost cannot do email forwarding good now, is there any suggestion on free webhosting and email forwarding service, which is one company? I don’t want to split these service into companies.
Thanks.

Robert

Unsure about that you’d have to do your research, obviously I’d recommend our premium service Hostinger which is about 30 USD for the entire year for hosting and email services.

is hostinger belong to 000webhost and serve premium customer only?
Thanks.

Robert

Yes they are the premium service provider

This is the reply to moderator’s comment:
Could you please try again in 24hours as we’re having temporary issues with the servers

I skipped the weekend and make sure we’ve passed 24 hours waiting. But the email forwarding is still NOT working.
How is the servers? Is there anyone can check ?
I only see the “This topic will automatically close in 4 days.” . It only counted from 5 days to 4 days without solution from 000webhost. Are you going to just roughly close the ticket after 4 days?

Hope you, the admin of 000webhost, can see this message.
Thanks.

Robert

The forwarders have been reported and the solution won’t be instant could be a few weeks depending on developers time.
I highly suggest using ImprovMX you’ll have working email in a couple of hours.

I checked ImprovMX. Are you guys hosting website? Nate want me change the 000webhost to improvMX in DNS setting.
???

Above message is reply to “Ininity”. It looks like “Infinity” is not for 000webhost, but more like work for ImprovMX, even not for hostinger.

I’m not sure what you mean please?

From ImprovMX debugging, they asked me:
Delete all the previous “MX” entries you had registered for your DNS Zone, if any.
then

Add those MX entries ImprovMX mx values

If I change to ImprovMX, what about my website??!!