Error 524 A timeout occurred

Hello,

I have two websites that used to be working properly, but recently both are showing error 524 “a timeout occurred” most of the time.
The first one (netherlandic-versio) is a simple, small wordpress site, that may need some to access the database. I would not expect this to take a long time though.
The second one (superscript-nonavai) consists of pure static HTML and a CSS file. I can’t imagine how that can time-out, but it does.
The timeout occurres both when I try to access the sites using the 000webhostapp.com subdomain and when I try to use the domainnames pointed to those subdomains.

According to the “my sites” overview both should be “running” properly.
According to the status page there might be some issues with FTP/filemanager, but no issues are reported for the other services.

• Could you help me understand what is going on?
  • Is this a problem with the server that has not reached the status page yet?
  • Is it a problem with my websites or with more/all websites?
  • Is there anything I can do to improve the accessibility of my website (I already set cloudflare to cache the content for 4 hours, but if nothing is available nothing can be cached).

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kind regards, Nico

I changed your URL via the database for this one to https://netherlandic-versio.000webhostapp.com/ and your site started loading again.

The fact that I could access database is a good thing and rules out that being the cause of the timeout.

I can access your chine-cultuur.nl with no problems so not sure why you can’t access it.

Clear your browser cache/data/history if that doesn’t help try using a proxy or VPN or even just reboot your router maybe there is something not require right there or disable any antivirus or firewall as both sites are working fine currently.

Post back and let us know how you get on :frowning:

Use this tutorial to change your URL back if you find it works later on.