Error establishing a database connection - wp

Hey guys.

I wanted to install wordpress localy in order to add a blog to my website.I’ve created and deleted several databases in order to install wordpress, username/pass and database name in config file are definitelly correct - and I still get an error when going to install.php “Error establishing a database connection”:confused:

Can anybody assist with it ? :frowning:

Thank you in advance <3

What is your website address and are you copying and pasting the values directly from the Manage Database page on 000webhost?

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply Infinity.
It is jelenapopovic.tech :confused: And yes, I did, every time.I am not new to databases but it’s been unsuccessful :frowning:

So when you say locally do you mean you are trying to install WordPress on your own personal computer and only use the MySQL database at 000webhost? If you are this is not available unfortunately it would be classed as RemoteMYSQL and only the premium plan offers this option.

If you mean you are trying to install WordPress on your domain .tech then this is perfectly fine and should work, if you let me know what domain you want it installed on and I can do this for you else you can download the WP installation and upload, extract, create a suitable database/username/password and enter these into the installation wizard; else you can use the automatic WP installer located on 000webhost.com

No, not locally on my computer, I uploaded wordpress via FTP client.
Thank you very much for the reply, but I removed the website and the domain from 000webhost.
I really need it.
Thank you very much for trying to help once again.

Wish you very best!

Hello Infinity and members of this community,

I did something similar to the topic of the post.
I was trying to install a blog on my 000webhost site. I did somethig wrong and lost connection to WP databases.
I follow the procedure until:
“Your WordPress is now ready for configuration.”
and “click” on “go to configuration page”,
Then WP asks for database tables names, user, password, database Host and table prefix.
Where can I pick this information from?.
I wonder if there is a way to rebuild form scratch.
The system says something like:

I have no important data at all yet. I just want to build form scratch.
Any help will be appreciated so much.Thanks.
Alex.

cPanel > Manage website > Databases manager