Error Migrating on new members area

Hi,

I just did the migration and follow every step on the forum which you could see on the link below:

So I will start on after I’ve already deleted everything on the old members area and successfully logged on in new members area where you can see the new control panel.

I successfully uploaded my website using FTP and change the wp-config.php pointing to my new database info. I also manage to update my parked domain and entered my domain name from a different registrar the name of the domain name is bakzperez.tech.

My problem now is why even though the said domain was already set on parked domain when I just typed the bakzperez.tech without the www it will give me the page where you will see this notification “Since May 1, 2017 your website should be switched to new members area. If you still need your website follow instructions below.”?

However if you typed the www.bakzperez.tech it will give you the correct website. Why it looks like it is treating bakzperez.tech and www.bakzperez.tech like they are different domains? The word press and the database doesn’t have anything to do with it I guess. Since I tried doing it with my uploaded website and i also tried to delete everything and just install the word press itself without anything on it.

I don’t think I could still upload my previous website since I already tried all the options I can think of so it doesn’t matter to me if I will just start over. I just want to know how to get this parked domain work?

By the way on the links I added spaces on each link since I am only allowed to have one link on a post for a new member.

Thanks.

Hi @bakz!

My problem now is why even though the said domain was already set on parked domain when I just typed the bakzperez.tech without the www it will give me the page where you will see this notification “Since May 1, 2017 your website should be switched to new members area. If you still need your website follow instructions below.”?

Both domains are loading fine now. This issue occurs due to DNS propagation time.

Please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS and try again. Or just wait, and try again later :wink:

By the way on the links I added spaces on each link since I am only allowed to have one link on a post for a new member.

We do this to prevent spam. I have corrected the links for you :wink:

Hi NGinX,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, it’s working now. I just didn’t give it time to propagate. :slight_smile:

I will try to work out on uploading my old website again this coming week. But before that I just have another question. Will there be any effect if the current version of the PHP settings on the new control panel is 7 and if the current version of my old website is lower? Is it backward compatible? Because actually I don’t know what settings is on my old website. I don’t remember setting that up on the old control panel.

Cheers,

There might be some compatibility issues if your website is old and containing PHP scripts.

Lowering your PHP version will fix these eventual problems: 000webhost cPanel > Settings > General > Change PHP version > 5.6 :wink: