Error parking domain after panel migration (domain already in use)

Hello,

I am having problems to park my own domain “chefencasacatering.com.ar” after migrating to the new panel.

I have migrated to the new panel successfuly using the tutorial (Migration tutorial > Backing up > Deleting old panel > Migrating to new panel) backing up manually using FTP.

I deleted the account and site and then logged in to the new panel without issues.

I created a new website, and had to use a new name because the one I wanted said it was still in use (probably still active somewhere even though I deleted it from the old panel)

In this new web site I uploaded my backup files into public_html but when I wanted to add a new domain using my own and park it in https://www.000webhost.com/members/website/chefencasacateringcomarnuevo/domain I get an error saying “This domain already in use” (see picture error_parking_domain.png)

You can see the information I saved just before deleting my account in the old panel here (see picture old_panel_info.png)

I think that my domain is still active somewhere in your configuration even though the website was deleted from the old panel before migrating to the new one.

I tried logging in to the old panel with https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login?to=old but I always get redirected to the new panel, so I don’t have any way to check if there is something still there related to the site I deleted before migrating.

Can anyone help me with this? I would like to add my own domain and park it on my new website.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Chef!

The domain chefencasacatering.com.ar was linked for e-mail: todo****aofi@gmail.com

I have moved it to your new cPanel account registered under e-mail: c**************ing@yahoo.com.ar

You should be able to park it now :wink:

Hi @NGiNX, thanks for your response.

I tried again a minute ago to park the domain but unfortunately I still get the same error

As you can see here my profile is linked to the @gmail.com email and not to the @yahoo.com.ar ( I am using the yahoo email only for the forum)

Do I need to update my hosting profile and change the email address to the @yahoo.com.ar one to be able to park it?

I did not resent the confirmation to the gmail account after migrating to the new panel. Do you think that because I haven’t confirmed that one I am having this issue?

Thanks again.

I am sorry. I think I have moved the domain to the e-mail address you used to register to these forums. :sweat:

What is the e-mail address of the 000webhost account to which you want to park/link your domain?

The email I use for the 000webhost account is: todop*****ofi@gmail.com
(that is the same one I had before I migrated to the new panel)
Thanks!

I have moved chefencasacatering.com.ar to e-mail: todo*****aofi@gmail.com.

Now you should be able to park/link it :wink:

I am sorry to bother again but I tried again and still got the error.

I tried doing a logout , clear all my cookies, log back again and then set the domain from https://www.000webhost.com/members/website/chefencasacateringcomarnuevo/domain

And using the domain chefencasacatering.com.ar I still see the “This domain already in use.” message

Am I doing something wrong or missing some step?

could it be that the domain is still assigned to an old copy of my site from the old panel?

Thanks again

I have assigned the domain to your e-mail address, but it still doesn’t work. This problem passes beyond my powers.

Could you please try to link your domain using CNAME method? Follow this tutorial to do it:

Ok, I will try that alternative then.
Thanks

We are aware that some domains are still marked as “taken” either if they are allocated to the correct e-mail address. This problem swaps: either it’s on parked domains, either on CNAME points.

If CNAME doesn’t work as well, I will forward this issue to administrators.

hi @NGiNX,

so I have my domain registered in Argentina which is handled by https://nic.ar/
I logged to my console there and I can only delegate my domain to the 000webhost DNS servers, I do not see any way to add CNAME entries

I used the toolbox to check the domain https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#CNAME/chefencasacatering.com.ar
and I see a reponse with no error from 000webhost DNS

I still cant park the domain and if I try the “Point Domain” I also get an error saying
Domain chefencasacatering.com.ar CNAME must be pointed to chefencasacateringcomarnuevo.000webhostapp.com
This of course is happening because I was not able to create any CNAME entry.

Could you please help out with this? I really need to be able to solve this situation as this page is my main business.
Using the tutorials for the CNAME I cannot see any way of doing that with the nic.ar page for com.ar domains, and only delegation to your DNS

Thanks

Hey @NGiNX
I am trying to see if I can delegate my domain to namecheap DNS and then add a CNAME record there to 000webhost.

I think that delegation takes 1 or 2 hours so I guess I will be able to try the point domain option then

@ChefEnCasaCatering

I am trying to see if I can delegate my domain to namecheap DNS and then add a CNAME record there to 000webhost.

If you are sure you can add CNAME records on Namecheap DNS, go ahead. Otherwise, please read below.

If you can’t add CNAME records on your registrar, you can’t point your domain using CNAME method. I have already forwarded this issue to administrators.

Meanwhile, please try to point a CNAME using Cloudflare. You’ll also get extra security, and it’s free. :wink: Please follow this tutorial. (Don’t bother with the SSL part. Just follow it to point your domain. If you think it’s difficult, please create a Cloudflare account and send me your registrar, 000webhost and Cloudflare credentials, so I can set up all for you.)

Oh , I didn’t know cloudflare was free to work with DNS :confused:

I registered with namecheap and added there the CNAME record

I also now delegated my domain in the registrar nic.ar to the namecheap DNS like this:

Delegation I think takes up to 1 hour, so I guess I will be able to see if all worked by then

If this does not work then I will check out the cloudflare option

Thanks again

1 Like

Please do stay with Namecheap DNS and try pointing from there. If it’s not working, yeah, better try with Cloudflare.

Make sure you add both CNAME records:

@ (naked domain)

Thanks for the info

I added the @ (naked domain) as well now

1 Like

Hi @NGiNX

So the DNS recors have already propagated as you can see in the toolbox

But now I am getting an internal error when trying to point the domain in 000webhost.
I don’t know what the issue is now

Am I missing something?
From what I see now the CNAME record is ok but the error when pointing the domain does not specify any details.

What should I do?

Thanks!

I suggest we should just wait for a reply from admins.

You have migrated, but your domain is still locked for another account ID.

We are really sorry for inconvenience. Please be patient :sweat:

@NGiNX Thank you for all your help and patience.

I will wait for the response :slight_smile:

1 Like
chefencasacatering.com.ar should be able to be parked.

Can you please login and try parking chefencasacatering.com.ar?

Ensure you login to todoparalaofi@gmail.com and park it on your account.