Fatal exception

Can anyone tell me what this error means please? I’ve tried deleting the DB, recreating it, re-uploading the DB files for Opencart and also repairing the site. Nothing works

Fatal error : Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Error: Field ‘sort_order’ doesn’t have a default value<br />Error No: 1364<br /> INSERT INTO oc_event (event_id, code, trigger, action, status) VALUES (1, ‘activity_customer_add’, ‘catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after’, ‘event/activity/addCustomer’, 1); ’ in /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/system/library/db.php(45): DB\MySQLi->query(’\n\nINSERT INTO ...') #1 /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/install/model/install/install.php(26): DB-&gt;query('\n\nINSERT INTO…’) #2 [internal function]: ModelInstallInstall->database(Array) #3 /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/system/engine/loader.php(248): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 [internal function]: Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #5 /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(47): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #6 /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/install/c in /storage/ssd2/662/8871662/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

The column sort_order in the table oc_event has no default value. Please add a default value

Hi

I would but the DB is not even being created. At least it’s not showing in 000webhost.com DB manager.

I did have it working to start with, installed open cart perfectly then I removed a couple of categories to replace with my own then down it went.

OpenCart might exceed the free plan limitations.

If you head to Manage Database and create a new database and wait a few minutes then attempt a fresh OC installation to see what errors appear off the bat?

Thanks @Infinity, I’ll try that.

I’ll get back with a result soon.

Ok, I’ve reset the whole website through 000webhost CPANEL, redownloaded open cart (and extracted files). I have created a new DB.

I’ve uploaded the contents of the “upload” folder to the web server (I used the file manager on the website). Went through all steps of installation, now I get this message;

redditchcakes.000webhostapp.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Not sure what else to try. maybe it is a restriction on the free plan.

Paste this into the PHP file after the PHP tag of the file that you are trying to view and getting the 500 error from

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);