Finally setting up my website, lots of errors with Wordpress

If you want, you can login to https://gemrecovery.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin and edit it from inside Wordpress :wink:

Thatā€™s not working either, I guess Iā€™ll try tomorrowā€¦

Have a good evening! (of course that depends on where in the world you are, could be ā€˜top o the morning to ya!ā€™)

Wordpress username/password is different from accountā€™s username/password.

You should use the credentials you provided when youā€™ve installed Wordpress. Usernames is usually admin, but the password is the one you choosed at WP installation.

Really frustrated.

Been working on this for days, I understand you are in the process of upgrading but I REALLY need to get this demonstration website up to prove to my new employer I can do it and at this point very little works.

Currently I am getting this error:

So is this because of your server repairs or is there something else wrong?

Other than this, things are very slow, I canā€™t get Wordpress widgets working properly, lots of database errors, etc.

Any idea when this will pass or should I just move everything to another webhost?

Iā€™ve got to get something up and working ASAP to preserve my job. It is a nonprofit, not much budget to work with but if I can get this working, I think I can convince them to upgrade to your paid serverā€¦

Your database username is incorrect.

Please retrieve it from 000webhost cPanel > Manage databases.

Itā€™s the entire field id*****_gemrecovery.

This one? Highlighted in red?

and I add ā€œ_gemrecovery.000webhostapp.comā€ or ā€œ_gemrecoveryā€ to it? I just tried both, neither workā€¦

Last time (Monday) I thought I just entered ā€˜gemrecoveryā€™ (the name of the website), unfortunately I didnā€™t write it down but it worked fine Monday!

This one? Highlighted in red?

Yes, that one.

When using Wordpress Installer it automatically generates a database with a random password.

Suddenly itā€™s working, didnā€™t even ask me to log in, I assume I was already logged inā€¦

Iā€™m assuming I am not sharing any private info in these screenshots, no passwords showing or anythingā€¦

But now it is almost 4:00 and I have spent ALL DAY just trying to access the database, I havenā€™t even been able to get one widget working, really frustratedā€¦

Iā€™m assuming I am not sharing any private info in these screenshots, no passwords showing or anythingā€¦

No, donā€™t worry.

But now it is almost 4:00 and I have spent ALL DAY just trying to access the database

Please consider using the correct credentials next time :wink:

But thatā€™s what I said, I DIDNā€™T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY, IT LOGGED ME IN AUTOMATICALLY! I mustā€™ve entered it right one time or something, I donā€™t knowā€¦

1 Like

Are your issues resolved then? :slight_smile:

Till the next time I log in, I guessā€¦

Access denied for user error usually means wrong credentials.

If you are receiving other errors, please read this topic for more information about them.

When you finish your work, please log out from phpMyAdmin then try logging in again. Please reply the results.

OK, logged out, clicked ā€˜manage databasesā€™, then MyPHPAdmin, it logged me in automatically!

Logged completely out of 000webhost, logged back into 000webhost, did the above, automatically logged in!

Itā€™s a Festivus Miracle!

This happens because your browser automatically stores the passwords for your websites.

Anyway, the login works. And this was the major issue that needed to be dished out :wink: