Free webhosting now has a permanent 000webhost add banner on my site

Hi All

Has anyone else had this change occur?

Although 000webhost is still heavily promoting free web-hosting with no adds/add free, they have change free hosting to education hosting. When you go to turn off the banner it now won’t let you unless you upgrade to pro (paid)

I see is now posted in my cpanel area
"Hostinger team created 000webhost as an educational platform for learners to try their hobby projects. Your next step is professional web hosting service at cheap price."

Hi @dodilfaed!

Has anyone else had this change occur?

Yes, this has occurred on everyone else as well.

You can no longer turn off the banner unless:

1. Your website has no linked domains to it
  2. Your website has a domain bought from Hostinger linked.

And yes, 000webhost has been initially intended to be a free hosting provider for testing purposes. However from now on we are putting more and more accent on this because some people started to abuse it more and more often. Some attempted to create businesses on it. That means they have started to earn money by sucking our servers resources.

If you want more resources, or want your website to look professional, please consider buying a cheap paid plan:

1 Like

I think 000webhost need to consider their marketing and advertising.

1 Like

Technically, 000webhost already offers everything for you to build your website. And you can turn off the banner if your website has no custom domain linked to it.

Domain linking is a privilege. Normally we should push forward the paid plan directly.

1 Like