FTP help needed for 000webhost

I just signed up for 000webhost from the free hostinger esy.es site.
I use 000webhost primarily as a shared data repository and use windows command line FTP and a script file. Everything worked fine in esy.es but I am now having a problem with 000webhost.
I want to put my files in the public_html folder but when I add the ftp cd command I get a not logged in error.
Without the “cd” command my files are uploaded ok but to the root directory. Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong. Following are my command file and script.

SendGames.cmd

cd"HC Calc\Games"
ftp -s:putgames.scr
exit

PutGames.scr

open files.000webhost.com
usename
password
cd public_html
put “c:\hc calc\games\games3.htm”

Once again: If I remove the “cd public_html” line the transfer works fine but to the wrong directory.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Not sure I get “PORT command successful”

Can you confirm the files that are being successfully uploaded to root are actually valid files once on 000webhost.com i.e. if you upload games3.htm when you open it in the File Manager in the browser does it still contain the content it did locally?

Here is what I see in the command prompt when it fails.

530 Login authentication failed
Login failed.
ftp> cd public_html
530 Please login with USER and PASS
ftp> put “directory and filename”
425 You aren’t logged in

yes the files are in the root and they are valid

if I enter the ftp commands manually one line at a time then everything works fine even to the public_html folder

530 always means wrong password or username is being passed.

Head to general settings > change website password and make a new password… just in case.

:exploding_head:

Ok, password changed but now I get the 530 even without the cd.

That was working before. I am 100% positive the PW is good. Like I said, it works if i type everything manually.

Very odd :confused:

Well I went back to square one and copied my backup script into my working directory and added the cd command and everything now works fine. Possible the script file got corrupted somehow even though it ;looked good. I appreciate your help and you patience.

1 Like

Weird one!

Glad it is working though.