ftp_mkdir0:Can't create directory: File exists

Stops me from making a folder of any name

Is that in the file manager? Or filezilla?

file manager i am new at this but with 75 years of life

Try using an ftp software like filezilla, I’m sure it’ll work for you :wink:
Host: files.000webhost.com
Username: yourwebsitename
Password: your website password
Port: 21

Hi @FrankAlso!

In addition, please go to 000webhost cPanel > Settings > General > Fix files permissions and try again…

i am 75 years old. i look 4 simple. if i need an ftp client i will go back to my old web host

i am 75 years old. i look 4 simple.

Of course… Please follow my advice and reply the results :wink:

i haven’t got filezilla

https://enjoyingcomputers.000webhostapp.com/Computers/Old%20Stuff/index2.htm
ok so far.
Old Stuff has 3 folders: Icons, Netmeeting and Tutorials. It is in these 3 folders
when I to add a folder I get the ftp_mkdir0:Can’t create directory: File exists.
If it was a 303, SLR, Sterling, Bren or even a 3.5 Rocket Launcher I could fix it

But… I am able to create folders without any problems… :confused:

Are you using File Manager? Do you want to move the content of that folder somewhere else? What exactly do you want to do?

I want to add folders to Icons, Netmeeting and Tutorials
Icons/ Applications and System
NetMeeting/ Files
Tutorials/ NetMeeting

I have fixed the problem. However there are certain things you may need to know:

The problem occurred because folder /public_html/Computers/Old Stuff had a blank space in its name. Please avoid using blank spaces in filenames/folders on hosting services as in most cases they will be treated badly and can lead to unexpected errors (such as this one).

I have renamed the folder "Old Stuff" to "Old_Stuff" and now you can create what folders you want inside it :wink:

Tanks, that was simple hahaha

You’re welcome! Any issues you have, please open new topics.

We’re here to help :wink: