Help Please With Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted Error

I have a wordpress blog I just installed on this domain www.help4yourhair.com and I am in the process of setting everything up (installing plugins, etc.)

I am constantly getting this **Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted **error and it is driving me crazy. I am assuming that the free server is only going to give you 32 bit so I am not going to even waste time with the old WP-Config trick to force make it 64-bits (which doesn’t even work anymore anyway.)

I figured it was a caching problem so I installed W3 Total Cache plugin and am using Cloudflare as a CDN to alleviate this but I still get this error all over my admin panel. I read somewhere on the web that it was possibly too many plugins so I deleted all but three and still get the error!

Does anyone have any advice on how to alleviate this problem?

You can use “Search forum” with words “Allowed memory size”.
You are going to get more of one results.

Thank you! I did what you suggested and found the solution.

Sorry just to be clear, using search forum with words “Allowed memory size” did the trick for you?

Yes it did. I found an article that helped me with the error.

D3iti I hate you! Why won’t you answer questions! :mad:

If you have time to make all these posts why don’t you make sure they actually have some information? :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at the last 100 posts you have made! (Not 1 solution!)

http://www.000webhost.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2137838

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED!!!

Same thing happened to me. Before 000webhost disabled WordPress sites my site used to use 35MB. Now it uses 63MB!! I don’t know why but even after re-installing it still uses that amount.

On my local copy wordpress only uses 40MB (with XDebug!) so I don’t know what happened.

This is what I did that fixed the problem:

1. Create A separate user for posting pages, etc. Don’t use your admin or an administrator account to post. This should save some RAM.

2. Disable all your plugins (PHPMyAdmin):

UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = ‘a:0:{}’ WHERE option_name = ‘active_plugins’;

1. Only re-enable the plugins that are necessary!

2. Set wordpress memmory limit to 64MB in wp-config file:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘64M’);

1. If you use paid hosting you can increase your memory LIMIT

php.ini

memory_limit = 256M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (256MB)

.htaccess file

php_value memory_limit 256M ; Change the 256M to your needs

wp-config.php file

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);

Hope this helps someone

If you use free hosting

[LIST]
[*]Do not use w3 total cache

[*]Use wp super cache!!! It uses less ram!!!

[*]Do not install more than 10 plugins!!!

[*]Do not install more than 2 plugins that are more than 1mb in size
[/LIST]

Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh with this error You can use “Search forum” with words “Allowed memory size”.

If you have time to make such long posts then you have time to read the rules :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.000webhost.com/forum/customer-assistance/4-forum-rules.html