How to complete upload of wordpress migration

The short of it: I’m trying to upload a site using All-in-One WP Migration, but after the progress bar reaches 100% for the upload I’m left staring at the completed progress bar and only a button to “Stop Import”. No other notice of completion or options. This occurs across Firefox and Safari.

The long version: I started building a wordpress site on a 000webhost free account using Gantry 5 and the Helium theme. However, in the course adjusting the layout I was suddenly presented with a dialogue telling me I needed to setup wordpress. Unable to get back to the wordpress dashboard, I tried reinstalling via the presented dialogue which failed. So, I deleted the site and started over until the same problem occured. I then switched to designing the site locally, exporting through All-in-One WP Migration, and attempting to import the site to 000webhost via a new wordpress install using All-in-One WP Migration. The upload progress bar reaches 100% and then nothing happens as if its stuck on the dialogue. I’ve tested this across multiple browsers with the same result each time. How can I resolve this or are 000webhost free accounts just designed to be sufficiently problematic that people pay out of frustration? .

Would appear to be rate limiting, if you can’t finish the operation you might be better suited to alternative hosting sadly.

Thank you for responding. Per the following support document (https://www.000webhost.com/blog/move-wordpress-site-to-new-host/) All-in One is recommended by 000webhost. Is this article simply outdated? Could you direct to me to your current recommend practices for migrating?

I would go with downloading public_html folder via File Manager, right click ,compress and download.

Failing that then just download public_html folder via FTP client in total.

Then launch phpMyAdmin, select your DB on the left, then EXPORT, and go.

Once you’ve got your folder and your DB you can import these into your new hosting or they will likely do it for you for free if you provide your existing host information.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.