How to import a database over 2MB into a 'free' account

I can’t see how to increase this limit beyond 2MB through PHPmyadmin - is it possible? Is there a different way to import a database? I’ve got a WordPress site I am trying to import.

Try splitting it into multiple files
https://sqldumpsplitter.net

1 Like

I get this error when importing every single file same error:

Error
Static analysis:

1 errors were found during analysis.

Unexpected beginning of statement. (near “40101” at position 1)
SQL query:

!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */’ a

From where did you export that DB? :slight_smile:

I created the DB using the “Duplicator” plugin for WordPress. If you think it’d work better, I could use a different approach.

In which host is it now? :slight_smile:

The current site is hosted on Digital Ocean on a droplet. (https://peerunschooling.net) I am trying to make a clone of the site on 000web that I may allow some students to tinker with and edit/adjust/play so they can learn about PHP and WordPress.

Try using all in one wp-migrator plugin :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, now I’ve used that plugin to create a file that ends in .wpress so how do I access the database here? Or is the idea that I’ll just open this in another WordPress install and it’ll magically migrate everything?

Install another wordpress here, download the same plugin, and choose restore that time :slight_smile:

So I’m trying to do this Restore… and it gets to 97% on the upload and then just sits there… not sure why. Is my file too big? I’m at about 300MB but it says there is a 500 MB limit. Is this somehow related to using a free account?

I believe so :confused:

OK - I got the file size down to 100 MB maybe this will work better. Unfortunately, when I try to install WordPress on my 000webhost.com site, I get an error message:

“Yikes, WordPress installation just hit the bump & is under maintenance in the moment…
The good news is you can try to install WordPress later again or simply look for other great installation options.”

This has been happening for a couple days – is this normal? Should I expect it to ever work?

Leme report that to our devs

OK - I was able to get WordPress installed. And I’ve got my backup filesize down to 100 MB. I ran the Import and now, I am “freezing” during the database migration. It gets to 5% and just sits there. Any idea what it could be? Are there logs I can check?

Could try this script? https://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/

1 Like

But i am using the plugin you told mw to use the “All in One Migration” so the database isnt a seperate file. When i export from the plugin I get just one file. Use Duplicator, you get a .zip and a .sql file. And I tried breaking that into smaller files with the tool you suggestwd and that did not work either as I got those errors i mentioned above.

Your friend is a premium plan

So basically all this advice in this thread has been for a paid service. Very frustrating.

No! But your project is too big to fit free hosting.

1 Like