So you just installed Wordpress, and you're looking to add some features or fix a problem with a plugin. But how do you install plugins? This may seem like a simple process, but there are actually two ways to install and activate a plugin.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to install a plugin from the wordpress admin interface, and from the file manager. The second method will also work with FTP.
How to install plugins using wp-admin
1) Open the Wordpress dashboard by navigating to yourwebsite.000webhostapp.com/
wp-admin and logging in. Once you have logged in, you'll see a familiar screen, which is your Wordpress dashboard.
2) Scroll over the plugins section on the left sidebar, and click on
3) Search for the plugin or type of plugin you are looking for. I'll be using Hello Dolly as an example.
4) When you find the plugin you're looking for, click on Install Now.
Then click Activate.
You'll then be brought to the list of plugins you have installed, after which you can continue to install plugins using the same method.
Install plugins using the File Manager
1) Start by opening the File Manager from your website panel.
2) You'll see this screen. You need to navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ and move on to step 3.
3) Run a quick Google search for the plugin you want to install. The best place to find plugins is wordpress.org.
4) Click on Download to download the plugin as a .zip file.
5) Go back to the File Manager, and upload the zip file you just downloaded.
Click on the red Upload button.
6) Now extract the zip file by right clicking and selecting Extract.
Click extract again.
7) Open the folder you just extracted and right click on the folder inside, then click Move.
8) Click the blue Change button and select
Now click select this.
Now click the red Move button.
9) Sometimes you have to activate the plugin, so go to your /wp-admin dashboard and visit the list of installed plugins. Find the plugin you just installed, and if it isn't activated, click the activate button.
There you go! Now you know how to install and activate Wordpress plugins using both methods.