Forums are a popular choice for new users, especially users who are trying to create a support area or an information board. At 000webhost, we use Discourse, which is by far the best forum software for advanced users. Unfortunately, it and many other modern forum softwares cannot be installed on free or even paid hosting, as they require VPS.
However, one rising software is CODOFORUM, which is an open-source PHP forum that looks better than most other softwares and is easy to install. This tutorial will show you how to install CODOFORUM on 000webhost free hosting websites.
How to install CODOFORUM on free hosting
1) Start by downloading the latest version of CODOFORUM by clicking here.
2) Open your website's File Manager.
3) Upload the zipped file you just downloaded.
4) Extract the zipped file that you just uploaded.
5) Open the folder you just extracted, then open the folder inside of it.
6) Select all of the files and right click on one of them, then click move. Then click the blue change button and select the public_html button, then select this. Then click move again.
7) Now navigate back to the public_html folder, and go to
yoursite.000webhostapp.com/install/. You'll see this screen.
8) Click the green next button.
9) Go back to your website panel, it's time to create the database. Click on the New Database button.
10) Fill out the boxes like so, then click Create.
Wait for the database to be created.
11) Copy the name of the database that you see, it will be slightly different from above. Then go back to the CODOFORUM installation page. Fill out the boxes as below. The password needs to be the same as the one you just set for the database that you created.
Under the administrator details section, fill it out as you wish.
12) Click the green submit button.
13) You'll see the installation complete page, now go back to the File Manager.
14) Delete the
Success! You've installed CODOFORUM! Now you can start customizing and learning how to use the forum.