How to setup your domain name without using 000webhost name server?

So… what’s the working IP? 66.197.150.xx ? OR 64.120.149.70 (70=69+1, as suggested here)?

[COLOR=“Blue”]According to my experience, the second one which is 64.120.149.70 will work if I’m not mistaken.
You can try it first anyway.
Cheers.[/COLOR]

Look at the server, where your site is (in CP) and define the ip of it.

First, thank you. Wasn’t going to join 000webhost because I cannot let go of my “Total DNS” control.

2nd, I’m a GoDaddy guy. I set an A record for my server IP +1 with TTL of 30 min. It’s been 45, I get the err.000web page (sigh)

Then I tried another A record as my CP says

You can also point your domain (“A” DNS record) to IP 66.197.150.104
With a TTL of 30 min.
err.000web again

…hhhmmmm doesn’t my GD TTL settings not matter and should I sit on it for 48 hrs?

This works right away! I was testing by adding an A record of “000” to my domain pointing to my 000webhost server +1.

I wanted to test it and use 000.example.com as a subdomain with the A record pointing to 000webhost. That didn’t work, but when I changed the A record for @… tada!

Now I get to keep my Google Apps mail, docs, and calendar. Keep my Total DNS control with GoDaddy, and host my site with 000webhost.

I’m very excited. Thanks for the free service and thanks for the hint to keep my NS elsewhere! I don’t know of any other company that would allow something like this… for FREE!

000webhost is truly amazing! FREE and no ads too!

CNAME is used for like:

songs.hannahmontana.com > hannahmontana.info

or something like that.

NS (in GoDaddy), is used to put your 000NS there. YOU DO NOT PUT 000NS IN CNAME. IP addr. of 000 Server +1 goes into A record…

park domain only work with CNAME < ahem, NS not CNAME.

Yes, instead of changing “www”, leave it to “@” and in A-records, change “@” to the working IP.

Did you seriously just use Hannah Montana as and example of CNAME?! For christ sake! Use Google or something!

Sorry, I was listening to Party in the USA…

I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! The IP Address in: *

You can also point your domain (“A” DNS record) to IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• is the IP Address needed for the A record. The Server IP +1 IS NOT THE IP ADDRESS! I have tested this out successfully on “teamrex.info”. A ping to teamrex.info states:

*Ping 173.212.228.174

[teamrex.info]

Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 98 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 70 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 65 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 61 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 83 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 76 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 96 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 72 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 77 ms
Round trip time to 173.212.228.174: 65 ms

Average time over 10 pings: 76.3 ms*

The ping tells me an IP address that 000 owns, and it is the IP needed for the A record to work.

Do you have a free account? It seems your IP number is the same from the date of your post to today.

It seems very dark the fact a simple question is taking so many rounds around the forum, no straight answer. There’s always a hole where you can find a hope… of something that could be easily “YOU CAN’T. THERE’S NO WORKAROUND”

Is there a SECURE way for 000 to give us our working IP (if any) for an A-record for us to use at Godaddy’s total DNS?

I believe in your need of disguising the IP address to prevent attacks, but Godaddy doesn’t do that, and when they say “this is your IP” that’s the one.

Isn’t clearer NOT to give us that IP in a line that says “you can…” when we actually CAN’T?

i have to try it… thanks all…

I did as you said, but result is the same :frowning: My ip in CPanel is: “IP Address 66.96.196.245”. I set in etc/hosts “66.96.196.246 twilightsaga.org.ru” but result is the same as you can see here: http://twilightsaga.org.ru
(чувак, помоги многа английских букав и нифига не ясно целый день парюсь)

it takes 24-48 hours for the change to take effect.

it works!!! seems that page was cached.

Omigod. I already explained it. You are probably one of the dumbest posters here.

WTF you are supposed to change it in your
DNS for the domain not your etc/hosts file. If you do it in your hosts file it only appears on your computer, not everywhere. Also, you do not use the Ip the CPanel gives you. My website (Team Rex, in my sig) is powered by an IP of my 000 account and it isn’t my CPanel one.

Also: ALL AMERICANS: Go and get a life. Learn something and stop bragging that you are the best. Europe has better streets and sidewalks than you. PWNAGE.

Alexpja, enough. Stop being childish. Give an answer and stop creating this into attacked based on nationality. If you don’t want to deal with people who don’t understand how to do some basic tasks, why are you here?

Next, Who really gives a damn about side walks and streets? I can’t stand the streets in Europe, WAY too narrow for me. I don’t like walking down a road and running the risk of getting hit by a car. o.O So, stop bragging about how you’re tiny little countries are better. I live in a state that is bigger than most of your nations.

The dumbest poster here is speaking you in his second language you couldn’t even learn with the spare neuron you freed by driving your car with just one foot (yes, we control torque and many other properties of acceleration because our cars are not made for one-neuron brains), and if it were my first language I’d tell you how much your explanations suck.

Also, this dumbest poster waited more than a whole week for the change, it probably ended up being just the dumb hosting getting de-activated when nobody logs-in in a while and I just fixed it moving to godaddy :slight_smile: