How to use dot.tk in the new 000webhost

I want to make a website with a .tk domain name and i just don’t know how to do it now that 000webhost has changed.

Is that possible?

Hi there!

Yes, it’s possible. I’m using my domain with the .tk here and it’s working fine to me.

I recommend you to check out if you have already pointed name servers of your domain to 000webhost.com.
Fisrt of all please login into your domain management area. In my case it is at https://my.freenom.com/clientarea.php In case you have had registered your domain there, then the following steps may help you.
Go to Services -> My domains. In the list of your domains press on “Manage domain” in a row of the corresponding domain name. Then select “Management tools” -> Nameservers and make sure the name servers are set to ns01.000webhost.com, ns02.000webhost.com as custom nameservers
If they are already set then return to your cPanel at 000webhost.com. Next, go to “Set web address” and scroll down to page’s bottom. You will see a button called “Add domain”. Press on it and select “park domain”. Then you will need to enter your domain name and press on “Park domain” button. It will appear in the list of your domains. In case the nameserver were pointed correctly the value “ready” should be displayed in the “Linked Website” column. Otherwise there will be notification as “waiting for nameserver” or similar.
I hope this information will be useful for you.

should you have other questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve done the same steps, and when I clicked to the “SAVE” button this message appeared: "DOMAIN ******.tk CNAME MUST BE POINTED TO protractible-sweepe.000webhostapp.com"
Help please.

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in answering. I was elsewhere from my PC for some time.
I’ve checked the issue you have encountered with. It seems you have tried to use the option called “Point domain” when you added your .tk domain. The point is that this works in other way.
If I understand you properly you do not want to point the nameservers of your domain to 000webhost.com. Therefore you need to make some changes on your domain registrar’s side. In case it’s Freenom, then do the following:

• login into your domain control panel at https://my.freenom.com/clientarea.php
  • go to Services -> My domains
  • in the list of your domains click on “Manage domain” in a row of the corresponding domain name.
  • go to Management Tools -> Namservers
  • make sure the option “Use default nameservers” is set. If it is not so, set it to this option.
  • then go to “Manage Freenom DNS”. You will see a list of all DNS records of your .tk domain. In case you’ve registered your domain recently then there will be no records listed. Thus, you will be needed to create a CNAME record there. Specify your .tk domain name in the field “Name”, the type of record select to be “CNAME” and in the target field specify your domain which is from 000webhost.com.
  • Press on “Save changes” button.

Now you can log out from DNS control panel and go back to management on 000webhost.com. Repeat your actions you’ve made toHello,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in answering. I was elsewhere from my PC for some time.
I’ve checked the issue you have encountered with. It seems you have tried to use the option called “Point domain” when you added your .tk domain. The point is that this works in other way.
If I understand you properly you do not want to point the nameservers of your domain to 000webhost.com. Therefore you need to make some changes on your domain registrar’s side. In case it’s Freenom, then do the following:

• login into your domain control panel at https://my.freenom.com/clientarea.php
  • go to Services -> My domains
  • in the list of your domains click on “Manage domain” in a row of the corresponding domain name.
  • go to Management Tools -> Namservers
  • make sure the option “Use default nameservers” is set. If it is not so, set it to this option.
  • then go to “Manage Freenom DNS”. You will see a list of all DNS records of your .tk domain. In case you’ve registered your domain recently then there will be no records listed. Thus, you will be needed to create a CNAME record there. Specify your .tk domain name in the field “Name”, the type of record select to be “CNAME” and in the target field specify your domain which is from 000webhost.com.
  • Press on “Save changes” button.

Now you can log out from DNS control panel and go back to management on 000webhost.com. Repeat your actions you’ve made to add your .tk domain.

I’ll hope it will be helpful to you.
By the way, please keep in mind that some time may be needed for the full DNS propagation is completed.

In case you have some other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like