I cannot find my Hostinger account

I signed up for a paid Hostinger account, The payment shows in my bank, but when I sign into Hostinger.com it shows that I have no hosting account.
any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vic

How did you buy a hostinger package? by logging into hostinger.com?

I was signed into 000webhost, and clicked on the 90% off add I do not recall signing up for a separate account for Hostinger. Shouldn’t I get an email telling me how to access my hosting account?

You didn’t signup, but bought a hosting package?

I gave mt email info so I figured that an account would be set up.

Did you give them a password?

I signed in with my Google account

Nice!

Go to hostinger.com/cpanel-login

Then there is an option, log in with google account

That is what I did originally, there is no indication that I bought a hosting account

I’ll contact hotinger and reply you soon. :wink:

Thank you very much for your help.

@vixplace

I was unable to contact them right now. Can you please contact them here?

Reply here what happens.

I got the following response. I put a helpdesk ticket in and will probably have an answer tomorrow.

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Hostinger!

Dedicated and experienced support agents are available for premium members. Not a premium member yet? Don’t worry, check out thorough help resources that we made for you:
Learn, build and grow with the help of Hostinger Tutorials
Browse our Knowledgebase for troubleshooting guides and technical information.

Premium members can get help over Live-chat. You can have Free Domain Registration, Unlimited Disk Space, Bandwidth, Addon Domains, better site speed and much more. Go premium, upgrade your account. All servers are Wordpress optimized!

Best of luck in building your website!
Team Hostinger

@vixplace

Please keep patience i’ll find you a answer for this.

I figured it out . Upon inspection of my 000webhost account I realized that I had a different email. I logged in with the different email and am setting up my hosting account.

Thank you for your assistance I am really impressed at the service that I have recieved.

Victor Venero

1 Like

Great!

Really happy to hear you fixed it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to open a new topic :wink: