I need help urgently! Spam!

I need help urgently! Today, I have a mail-list script frozen and hundreds of people received 200 identical letters each. I contacted everyone and asked for an apology for spam. More than 30,000 letters were sent. This is a real nightmare! But what would exclude such a tragedy in the future, I need to look at the logs to find out why the script crashed. Help me with this. germesahtuba.000webhostapp.com - is me

That’s impossible, the limit is 100 daily :slight_smile:

You’ll have to expand with a wider description

1. what users are affected
  2. what and where the scripts are you use
  3. method for sending email
  4. screenshots of said emails
  5. header information of said emails

Your stats reflect no such issue.

1 Like

phpmailer+mysql

I can send csv from smtp server. More details about where I have the script and how it works can be written? This will not affect the security of the site?

So you sent it via SMTP? You might want to check your script then? :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, I need to check what caused the script to enter the infinite loop. I no longer want problems for myself or for others. I checked the script before posting on the site. He worked regularly. But today it hangs and I have these problems.

1 Like

Hi @germesahtuba!

No PHP script can enter infinite loop unless:

1. You’re coding it to do that;
  2. You’re using a cronjob to access it

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

To run the script, I use a browser. The console does not have access. When I saw that the page in the browser did not load for 300 seconds, I realized that the script was frozen. And changed the path to the library inside the script. But this was not enough. The script worked until it had exhausted the message limit on the external SMTP. I need server logs to fix the script. I on another can not define that has given failure. I know about Cron, but I also know that Cron can only run the script, it can not stop it.

Is your script hosted by 000webhost?

Yes, the script is on my site. Today I tested it again. I used SMTP-stub.
Again, everything happened again. I have an assumption that everything happens because of a bunch of MySQL. The data transfer rate is low and the entry to the database about who sent out is not happening on time. When sending without MySQL, this does not happen. But without logs I can not figure it out. And I can not look at the php.ini configuration to see and change the execution time of the script.

I apologize for such late reply. What is the script in question (the path to it)?

1 Like