Index.php" or "index.html missing after migration

HI, I backed up my web page using filezilla twice and i confirmed all files were backed up.I uploaded files to the public_html folder.When i try to access my webpage, i receive the message index.php" or "index.html missing.The index.html is present in my public_html folder.I have a message to Create index file, but all get is a window to create a new website.I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter.
thank you
kind regards
jeff

• Your content must be located in /public_html.

/public_html is your website’s root.

• You should move all content from /public_html/public_html/public_html into /public_html

I suggest you to use a FTP client, such as FileZilla to accomplish this :wink:

@geoffreyclarke1 Is your issue solved?
What is your domain name??

thanks for your reply.I tried again but no joy.My website is geoffrey-clarke.000webhostapp.com.I will be grateful for any suggestions.
kind regards
geoff

Move the files in public_html/public_html to public_html

And change your PHP version to 5.2 via GENERAL SETTINGS ON 000WEBHOST.COM

Thank you for your reply.Done what you kindly suggested. i moved all files into the single public_html file.When i try to access my web page nothing appears.My web page is http://geoffrey-clarke.000webhostapp.com/.Please tell me what am i doing wrong.
kind regards
geoff

Your PHP scripts appear to be corrupted :confused:

Do you still have a backup of them?

Hi, thanks for your help.Here is a jpeg of file filezilla.Please confirm the structure is correct.I used my second backup.
kind regards
geoff

The structure is ok.

But your PHP script appear to be corrupted, I don’t know why. :confused:

Your files are corrupted.

Upload your files again in a compressed .zip file and extract them using unzipper.php from Tutorials on 000webhost.