Installing Piwigo here?

I had a website here for many years. Then, I decided to change my online photo album because the old software was so old and clunky. I tried to install Piwigo. It was not a quick, easy and intuitive install for me. I could not get it installed and working. I gave up and walked away from it in disgust, letting my site go fallow.
I’m ready to try it again after a couple of years.

I have no knowledge of MySQL or PHP.
Is that part of my problem?

Which of the graphics libraries will be the best for use here, GD or IM, or does it matter?

Can the Piwigo auto install pkg be used here, or will it need to be a manual install?

Well, I can tell you for sure that you can use either the package or the manual install. The libraries should be included in the software so I don’t think you need to worry about that. All of the code should be in the files but depending on their setup process, you may need to edit a config file to input your database details (after you create a database).

Try http://piwigo.org/basics/installation for help installing, and choose the instructions for manual (if you choose to do it manually) or net install (if you choose to do it using net install).

OK,m I finally got Piwigo installed. I fumbled around a lot and reset the site a couple of times before finally getting it installed, and uploading some trial photos.

Now, when I try to access the site [ www.mrcorrell.com ] through a browser I get notified that the “Website is no longer available. The authors have deleted this site.”

How do I fix this?

Hi @Myke!

1. Please go to 000webhost cPanel > Set web address,

2. Delete/unlink all mrcorrell.com domains

3. Park your domain again: 000webhost cPanel > Set web address > Add domain > Park domain > mrcorrell.com

4. Link it to your website properly

@Myke

UPDATE: I see your domain is up again. It was probably a temporary issue. :wink:

OK, I have re-parked my domain again and linked it to the ‘www’ version.
I can access the site with: Pale Moon, Opera and IE. I still get the deleted notice with Chrome.
It looks as if I will need to redo the Piwigo install because the working browsers only show the “Hooray …” page.

I assume I’ll need to reupload and reinstall Piwigo?
I’m headed back over to delete the pwigo folder, reupload the netinstall file and reinstall Piwigo.

Why the problem with Chrome?

Please hit CTRL+F5 for full webpage refresh.

If it still doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and try again.

Ok, change of plans. I went to the Hooray page, opened the piwigo folder, browsed through it and clicked on the index.php file. The album opens up. The test pics are there. I can log into the admin.
I went back to the Hooray page and clicked on the " create index file " link, not for the first time. That link takes me nowhere I can see to create an index file and never has that I’ve been able to see.
I’m now pretty sure what needs to be done is to get an index file outside of the piwigo folder directing the browser to the index.php file inside the folder.
Yes or no, and if so, how?

Also, is there a way to access the c-panel in a form similar to the way the old c-panel worked? Everything I go looking for is hidden under piles of B.S, or doesn’t exist.

I appreciate the help you people have given me so far. Hopefully, I’m almost there.

I’m now pretty sure what needs to be done is to get an index file outside of the piwigo folder directing the browser to the index.php file inside the folder.
Yes or no, and if so, how?

I have moved your entire content to /public_html. Your website is now loading directly :wink:

Also, is there a way to access the c-panel in a form similar to the way the old c-panel worked? Everything I go looking for is hidden under piles of B.S, or doesn’t exist.

Unfortunately, no. The old cPanel and its style is deprecated and no longer supported.

Thank you very much guy. After thinking about it off and on for a few hours, I came up with moving everything out of the piwigo folder. I went there and you had already done it for me. Again, thank you very much.

Everything seems to be working as it should. Now I can begin gathering and sorting through my photos for uploading them. Got so many, I’ll probably end up needing to buy more space.
As you have probably suspected, I am short on fully comprehending a lot of this due to my age - mid 70s. And, I do have my senior moments where memory fails me somewhat. You guys saved the day for me.

1 Like

@Myke Any issue do post :slight_smile: