I've lost my site...again

Hey guys,

My apologies for asking a similar question as other OPs from the past but I’ve tried everything I could find.

Problem Statement: I was trying to link my 000webhost website to a domain I had bought from goDaddy. However the first thing that I did was I manually changed the site url from the Wordpress dashboard to the domain I had bought.

Now when I try to open ducktuck.000webhostapp.com it takes me to dektek. co. in (my bought domain)

which is not where the core of my site is. In my db, the site url and home both point to ducktuck . 000webhostapp . com only but still the site is redirecting. I am not sure how to stop that or restore the defaults I am worried I’ve lost the website.

Please assist.

Probably just continue linking the GoDaddy domain?

@ckhawand I did, however chrome times out with the error too many redirects - which makes sense as the godaddy domain calls 000webhost website which in turn calls godaddy domain and the cycle continues.

Good day!

Website http://ducktuck.000webhostapp.com/ no longer exists in our system.

which is not where the core of my site is. In my db, the site url and home both point to ducktuck . 000webhostapp . com only but still the site is redirecting. I am not sure how to stop that or restore the defaults I am worried I’ve lost the website.

This was probably caused by browser cache, which was caching the redirect instead of serving the new setup.

1 Like