Linking new website to domain name + Cloudflare

Due to inactivity (I only used FTD and did not know I had to log in) my previous site was removed. I have now created a new one (andrz-coaching.000webhostapp.com). I have my own domain name (andrz.nl). I parked this, but I see ‘Waiting for name servers’ and nothing happens.

Just like before, I want to use Cloudflare. In the Hostinger dashboard I still have the two name servers (adrian.ns.cloudflare.com and gabe.ns.cloudflare.com). What am I doing wrong or what should I do?

You must use CNAME METHOD :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Go to Cloudflare cPanel
  2. Deactivate the proxy protection from CNAME records
  3. Modify the CNAME records to point to andrz-coaching.000webhostapp.com
  4. Link the domain to your site within 000webhost cPanel (link it, don’t park it)
  5. Reactivate proxy protection from Cloudflare cPanel.

For steps 2, 3, 5 refer to Cloudflare community. Please keep us updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see this in Hostinger.hostinger

I did steps 1 to 3 (see picture). When I get to step 4, I get stuck (see picture). What am I doing wrong?CloudFlare webhost

Excellent! We’ve just linked the domain for you. (you can check it in 000webhost cPanel)

You were unable to do it instantly because sometimes it takes time for DNS records to update from NS servers.

Please resume step 5 and operation will be done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help, Teodore. Everything works great.

I have one more question that I don’t know if I can ask here. My previous site has been removed. I received this message: 'We are sorry to inform you that your website andrz.000webhostapp.com was reported by 3rd party abuse detection system - SiftScience. The reason for this report: General TOS Violation Inactive user. ’ Does this mean the site was removed for inactivity or did I break another rule? I am not aware that I have done something against the rules, but of course I want to prevent something like this from happening again.

I would assume you’ve not logged into the control panel in a month hence inactivity deletion occured.

1 Like