Lots of errors with Wordpress- 2

Still setting up my website, still lots of questions and problems, for some reason my first thread was closed after I left work last Thursday so I am starting a new topic. I am including a link here so I and others with similar problems can find it all in one place…

Finally Setting Up My Website Lots Of Errors With WordPress

I appreciate all your previous quick responses but I am still having nearly insurmountable problems…

So here are my current difficulties:

Main Problem: Every time I click to edit something I have to wait 30 seconds or more for the database to update, this is way too slow, I need to have this work quickly, I know things take time but the future site owners won’t have the patience or understanding to deal with this. What is happening? If this has to do with the ongoing site upgrades, I understand, but if this is the way your servers work this is UNACCEPTABLE.

Goal: All I am trying to do is move the site I began on wordpress.com to your server so I have a little more leeway in custom setup but nothing is transferring correctly, widgets especially. Currently I am trying to setup a map to our location and our calendar, neither one is working without NEW widgets, the ones on wordpress.com don’t seem to be in the standard WordPress install on your servers.

Here is the old site I begun a month ago: gemrecovery.wordpress.com

Here is the current site: https://gemrecovery.000webhostapp.com/

They look similar but very different in details, I like the way the wordpress.com site looks but the template I have been using will not allow me to use a full-width calendar, so I am here trying to make this work.

I found a Google Map widget, which seems to work OK, it doesn’t look anything like the one on wordpress.com but I am fine with that, it works.

I am still lost on the calendar, nothing seems to work the same, even the widget input fields don’t show the choice between ‘text view’ and ‘HTML view’, I need to be able to edit the HTML to make this work. Am I missing something here?

Hi @RussellCofIdaho

Main Problem: Every time I click to edit something I have to wait 30 seconds or more for the database to update, this is way too slow, I need to have this work quickly, I know things take time but the future site owners won’t have the patience or understanding to deal with this. What is happening? If this has to do with the ongoing site upgrades, I understand, but if this is the way your servers work this is UNACCEPTABLE.

This is a known issue, and I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it in real time. Please read this topic for more information:

Goal: All I am trying to do is move the site I began on wordpress.com to your server so I have a little more leeway in custom setup but nothing is transferring correctly, widgets especially. Currently I am trying to setup a map to our location and our calendar, neither one is working without NEW widgets, the ones on wordpress.com don’t seem to be in the standard WordPress install on your servers.

1. Please install “All in one Wordpress migration” plugin on gemrecovery.wordpress.com, export your website.

2. Please update the Wordpress version from gemrecovery.000webhostapp.com (login to WP Admin Panel and scroll down to the bottom of the page, right side)

3. Install “All in one Wordpress migration” plugin on gemrecovery.000webhostapp.com, and import your website.

OK, I will try it, thanks.

And thanks again for the quick response.

Please note that importing Wordpress will overwrite the previous Wordpress.

If you have any changes made on gemrecovery.000webhostapp.com, perform an export to that website as well.

I am frustrated and about to give up on 000WebHost after two weeks of trying to get this setup.

I am going to try and re-import my old site to 000WebHost but I really don’t think it will work any better, I’ve already done it once.

Here is the main problem; many of the Widgets I used on the wordpress.com site are not available on the 000WebHost of WordPress, here are the widgets available on WordPress.com:

Here are the Widgets available in WordPress 4.8 here:

Many of the ones I want to use are not available. I really need these and need them to work.

I also have a specific Widget that is working differently on WordPress 4.8; the Text Widget is not working when I paste my Google Calendar link into it, the HTML link to the google site works but the code to display the calendar on my website just shows up as text:

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Does WordPress.com have additional Widgets that are not available on standard WordPress 4.8?!?

I’ve got to get SOMETHING working today if I am going to keep this job!

Before anything else, have you tried updating Wordpress to the latest version?

Done Monday: 4.8

If All in one Wordpress migration doesn’t work on importing your website, I am afraid you will have to download and/or edit your widgets manually :sweat:

@NGiNX what u think about ETA of ssd upgrade how munch will need ?

Not much. The SSD is almost finished. The only remaining problems are improving the software and fixing occasional bugs.

We are now focusing mostly on updating the MySQL servers (this is why many customers are receiving many errors at this part).

Please read this topic for more information

1 Like

kk thank you,yes i was read :blush:

I see what’s happening, WordPress.com exports as an .xml file, ‘All In One Wordpress Migration’ imports .wpress files. Trying to figure out a way around this now…

Export your website from within “All In One Wordpress Migration”, and then import it with the same plugin.

WordPress.com doesn’t allow plugin installs unless you upgrade to the business plan at $25 a month, that’s why I am trying to get off there and would be glad to pay your prices IF THIS WORKS!!!

Is there a way to copy individual widgets off another wordpress site then install them on this one?!? I have been able to copy over my content successfully, just not the standard widgets used by wordpress.com

Most of the standard widgets used by wordpress.com should be available somewhere on our Wordpress, because it is the same installation, no major modifications. Try posting on the wordpress forums and see if anyone knows how to migrate everything completely without a plugin, because it is more likely that a staff member there knows about their platform.

You can also try going to the wp-admin area > tools > and there should be an export option, then you can download the site and migrate it here.

Use this u can backup complete website to google drive or dropbox than uploud here https://en.wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

I see what’s happening, WordPress.com exports as an .xml file, ‘All In One Wordpress Migration’ imports .wpress files. Trying to figure out a way around this now…

In this case, what you have exported contains only the pages and the layouts, not the widgets and the plugins…

Total export/import will not work unless you’re installing a proper plugin to do all the work.

You can try to install WordPress Importer and import your XML file, but that will not import everything.

I think I found what I am looking for:

I have it installed on this machine, let me try it…

media files

But it says nothing about plugins/widgets. I highly doubt it’s gonna work.

I have never built a website from wordpress.org; just a question: Do you have FTP or direct access to your website source?

Not sure… Working on trying now…

1 Like