Mail don't work

I have an application who use the mail instruction to send a mail at a specific adress, this works properly on my PC with Easyphp server and the same instruction don’t send anything with 000webhost. I see that there are a lot of question about. But no response !!! Is that function supported on your site ?? In the past the same where put on OVH and it worked properly

Thanks you in advance for a response

mail() should work fine currently?

Sorry, but the switch Sendmail is on, i have turn off and then on again. The statistics page said that i have send 1 message and is not thru because i have made 4 or 5 test. Each time my program said ‘mail is sent’ but i always received nothing. Yesterday i have try with an other mail box and the result is same. The messages do’nt arrived !!!. after a few time statistics indicate the right number of sent mail. at other side i don’t see the mail and there are not in the junk email box !!!

Do you use the php.ini to make run our programs ?
I have read my php.ini and i see i have made some change at the level mail function, i have setup a value smtp to define the provider i use to send mail. That is may be the answer at the problem i met with my application on your server !!!

We can’t change php.ini on the free plan you’d need a VPS from Hostinger or alternative provider for that.

mb_send_mail is disabled
but normal is fine.

You can see the PHP configuration your website uses here: http://phmasure.000webhostapp.com/info.php

I’ve just tested a really simple script on your website.

It came through without issue.

I will open a new mail box on hotmail and copy your instruction in my index program to send data to this new mail box. When my test are done i will give you a feedback

Thank you for your work, i appreciate

1 Like

Maybe try not using Hotmail they might have blacklisted our servers in the example I used Googlemail

I have made the test with gmail and until now i don’t received anything. I will look tomorow. I have use a specific index.php
like this

<?php $msg='fist line of text' ; mail("masure40@gmail.com","My subject",$msg); ?>

https://phmasure.000webhostapp.com/

if i receive the mail tomorow i send a new message.

Sincerely your

1 Like

Great hopefully you see some results then!
Keep us informed.

No mail on my box

I have change the program index as fallow

I receveid the folowing text

mail() is availableMail function succeeded

But no mail in my box

May be you could create an account on your site like a test user like me
And use my index php and prehaps you will see what append !!!

It is very strange !!!

Thank you in advance

sory i have made a mistake my box is pmasure40 and it seems now i receive some message. I check with the normal application and you a feed back as soon as possible

Ok it work if i use
if (mail($to,$objet,$texte))
echo “

”.reussi_mail."

";

but i my program i use

if (mail($to,$objet,$texte,$headers))

and with instruction i don’t received the mail on gmail

so now i will first make a test on an other mail box wihtout $headers to see if it work also. Then i will reread the way to use $headers but i know that with my local easy php it work
If i have time this afternoon i will come back with the information

Now that works with headers on Gmail and also on hotmail. Not on scarlet but that very better than at the beginning
Thank you for your help

1 Like