Mail forward not working

hi, anyone with free account and parked domain having troubles in receiving emails??

dec 4, 2017 SMTP server mail . post . 000webhost . COM is no longer responding:

12/04/2017 04:49:49 AM Router: No messages transferred to DOMINOCONTRACT . COM (host mail . post . 000webhost . COM) via SMTP: Remote system no longer responding
12/04/2017 04:49:49 AM Router: Failed to connect to SMTP host DOMINOCONTRACT . COM because Remote system no longer responding

up to december 3, 2017 emails were successfully accepted and forwarded:

12/03/2017 11:59:30 PM Router: Transferring mail to domain DOMINOCONTRACT . COM (host mail . post . 000webhost . COM [153.92.0.94]) via SMTP
12/03/2017 11:59:31 PM Router: Transferred 1 messages to DOMINOCONTRACT . COM (host mail . post . 000webhost . COM) via SMTP
12/03/2017 11:59:32 PM Router: Message 001B99E4 transferred to mail . post . 000webhost . COM for scian@dominocontract.com via SMTP

any ideas what when wrong?

PS i put spaces around the dots because “i am not allowed to create more than one link”

Admins have been notified :slight_smile:

Hello - I am facing the same problem as apostolov. I use the 000webhost.com service to forward my emails to my google account … and it is not working since Dec 3rd. This is causing serious problems. Any idea when this will get resolved?

Same issue here. Hexa said that you have disabled the email function on purpose.

When will you re-enable it?

I now have an issue that because you turned the email function off one of my accounts received a bounce back email stating account closed notification and now when I try to log in it does not recognise my account to send me authorisation emails or anything.

This now means that I can never access that account and the data that is held on it.

What will 000webhost do to resolve this and why was there no advance warning so that users could temporarily change nameservers?

This is creating serious issues and costing my company money every hour!

Hi @o-hudson

000webhost is a learning platform for students. Also earning money with your website while hosting on our servers is not a good thing. Because the servers may have downtimes and some errors. I think you understand. Mainly 000webhost is focused to serve a good service for students to do their learning and developers to do their testing.

@Supun - buddy that still does not answer the question when will you bring the service back online. Also, I just upgraded to the hostinger service but cannot access the chat feature??

We will re-enable the mail() function as soon as we find a solution to the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience. :frowning:

@Supun I meant costing my business though correspondence and losing jobs due to not being able to reply…

I have now upgraded to Hostinger and have all my email back, APART from the aforementioned account mentioned both above and below:

"I now have an issue that because you turned the email function off one of my accounts received a bounce back email stating account closed notification and now when I try to log in it does not recognise my account to send me authorisation emails or anything.
This now means that I can never access that account and the data that is held on it.

What will 000webhost do to resolve this and why was there no advance warning so that users could temporarily change nameservers?"

What can be done about this issue?

What’s the associated email with your account?

@ckhawand the e-mail is o-hudson@ohudson.co.uk
It used to be with 000webhost since 2010/2011 until the 4th December; however now it is with Hostinger.

This email does not exist here :slight_smile:

@ckhawand That’s a bit of a get out…in the conversation 6 hours eariler @Supun told me to upgrade so I did.

@ckhawand also since I switched I got my emails back but not from the aforementioned account that received a bounce back email stating an account closed notification from 000webhost yourselves.

@ckhawand apologies but I may have misread your original message.

The email address listed above is my email that I had pointed through 000webhosts servers and the one that I cannot receive emails on.

The user account that I hold with 000webhost is through o-hudson@hotmail.co.uk.

Which one did you want?

Yes, i see your account.

Admins are aware of the Mail forwarding issue, and will be solved soon.

If i’m missing something, let me know.

@akhilkumar332 Thank you for this. So when the mail functionality issue is resolved, if I set my DNS settings back to 000webhost as that is all I have changed will everything return to normal?

What about the third party who received a bounce back email from and now I cannot receive emails from even though it is now active though Hostinger? Will their access come through again?

Many Thanks in Advance

Yes, but make sure that you’ve mail forwarder present pointing towards your hotmail or any other trusted mail services.

It should solve once everything is set correctly.

Is it mail forwarder or you’ve cretaed an email account?

@akhilkumar332 Perfect. Thank you again. Do you know when it will be fixed by?

I used to have an actual email account when you allowed them and it has stayed active until December 4th.
My email address was o-hudson@ohudson.co.uk and emails used to get sent directly to it without any forwarding.

I have no experience with forwarding so if my email needed to be forwarded on 000webhost and I sent it from o-hudson@ohudson.co.uk to o-hudson@hotmail.co.uk would it work and if so how would the original email be active (I.e if it was active why would I need a forwarder rather than leaving it as it was and having them delivered to o-hudson@ohudson.co.uk).

Once again thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Not sure. :sweat:

I’m bit confused here, i guess you’re talking about the old deprecated panel right?, because we never provided email account services on the new panel,
or are you talking about the hostinger panel?