Migration Discussion

@cckj You can’t have “free subdomain” and “www” linked at a same time to a single *.000webhostapp.com url.
You can use any one, Either “www.wiskunde1en2adek.ga” or free subdomain “wiskunde1en2adek.net63.net”.

That is nice !:slight_smile: But yesterday I made a new account with another email address because I want to link my third old domain (max two domains per account) and I succeeded in linking my third old domain with a new account (another email-address). So, this means it wasn’t at all reserved for me and me only, I think ?! :sweat:

very clear and understood :slight_smile: There is no way to have the old name www.***.net63.net back . ok , then I adapt to this new situation. Thanks for all advice :+1:

If you migrated and had site123.com with site123@gmail.com, and sign up with site999@gmail.com, it shouldn’t let you register site123.com etc it should still say in use until site123@gmail.com takes it.
Unless you are just an exception, if you want to use www and non www with your freenom.com keep it parked with that account or any account, then forward your old net subdomain to your new freenom.com domain.

ok thank you both :+1: All is clear to me. Migration went well. Appreciate all your help :grinning:

Hi, do you have any update from admin regarding my issue?

cascy if you had http://www.tourdelife.eu/ on the old panel - it is now on the new panel, upload or create your site.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Kodi issue after migration

you don’t really understand my issue do you? My site got completely deleted with no notification or anything like that. And it was deleted before 1st May! I need an explanation for that please

What happens when you login to https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login?to=old

Nothing, it acts like a completely new account - there is nothing in there. Actually when I used this link to old panel last week it acted like a registration of new account because I had to confirm my email.

& you are sure you have used the correct email to login?

Inactive accounts have been deleted over the past few months, so if you account was inactive it would have been deleted.
The old panel would have shown reason “Cancelled for inactivity” and the old option is to start again with a new account I am wondering if this is what has happened.

oh yeah I am sure I used the correct email, and i was not inactive. My last log in before this was approximately a month ago

A month would be considered inactive :confused:

I thought the rule was 3 months. But ok :confused:
But still would be nice to get at least an email notification about it. I didn’t get anything

Hi I’m new to the forum.
I wasn’t emailed about the migration to the new cpanel but have started the process but have become stuck at the email verification stage. I attempted the verification progress almost 24 hours ago and have heard nothing. You are contacting my email ok as I have just verified it to join the forum. Please check that an email verification will be sent for paulosw@ntlworld.com in conjunction with my website www.wildlife-films.com as it has now been down since the 1 May if that’s when the migration was supposed to be started.

Thanks for your help
Paul

Follow the migration tutorial ~ @paulosw

LOGIN TO OLD CONTROL PANEL USING YOUR NORMAL EMAIL AND PASSWORD

BACKUP YOUR SITE

MOVE YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS USING THE LINK

DELETE YOUR SITE FROM OLD PANEL

DELETE YOUR OLD PANEL PROFILE

YOU’LL BE LOGGED OUT

LOG BACK IN USING SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD

NEW PANEL APPEARS

ADD SITE BACK, REUPLOAD FILES, IMPORT DATABASE, SET WEB ADDRESS, ETC ETC ETC

Thanks for your help so far
Got as far as the New Panel Appears but no idea how to get my website back up. I can’t get my email verified and though this was a requirement to get my website listed on the new cpanel. I backed up my site after moving account details using the link that was provided but now do I need to add my site as if it was a new account. I didn’t think this was the case. I have no account details such as username and server details etc to add my account using FileZilla. Please help some more.
Many thanks
Paul

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Provide the two numbers it will give you and I’ll do my best to assist.

Hi sorry just popped out at the moment.

Once you login to new panel you are prompted to choose an FTP username and password :smile:

Then hit set web address and use the domain you had before :ballot_box_with_check:

Now using FTP or File Manager reupload your files you backed up :heavy_check_mark:

If you have any issues do reply.

Host for FileZilla : files.000webhost.com
user: you pick I.e Paul from paul.000webhostapp.com or Infinity would be user if the URL is infinity.000webhostapp.com
pass: you pick

Security: plain FTP.