Migration Discussion

It seems I have the same problem now.

Following the tutorial procedure, after clicking the move my account I have the following message:

<<You already have an account in the new panel!
You will be able to login to old panel and new panel at the same time (Email address must be the same)>>

However if I login, in both cases I always enter in the old panel.
Should I follow the alternative suggestion of the tutorial and delete my profile? I would like to receive your confirmation before proceeding in such a critical step!

I still don’t understand the meaning/purpose of the Website Name field and the Website field in the “New Website” and “Free Subdomain” dialogs. It didn’t help me understand them by saying I can choose anything and providing bizarre examples. (By bizarre, I mean they included 000webhostcom without any dots, and for no obvious purpose.) What I want to do–and what most of us migrants probably want to do–is to keep everything (or as much as possible) unchanged after the migration. What values should I type in to keep my Website Name and Website the same as they were, given that my website address has been mysite.hostei.com? How can I determine what my old Website Name and old Website are (before I delete my old account & profile), so that I can simply type them in to keep them the same?

Huh. I need to delete my old site to get the new panel?

Thanks but no thanx. 000webhost is not the only free service provider, and if I have to manually migrate, I might just as well migrate to another service.

It does seem very difficult to move a site!

This is mostly for Infinity (The absolute best advisor, which I fully trust)

As i said before I have an old cpanel account and I previously asked a question about my two sites being i got there
andihamolli.tk and achsooo.tk.

You told me that I would have to do the migration or else all the data will be lost.

The Problem is: I got more than just these two sites on my old account and the problem is that in these new panels I can’t create as many accounts as i want, just 2.

So what should I do? IS IT SURE THAT THE OLD CPANEL WILL BE DELETED IN MAY?
I want an honest answer. Please Infinity.

You can make two accounts I guess and then you’d be able to make 4 sites?

You might be better off going premium then you can host as many sites as you want plus they’d be migrated for you?

I’ve deleted my old account, set up a new account with the same email address, re-uploaded my site and used “set web address” to give the new site the same name as the old one. HOWEVER, the www. version of the new site does not exist, only the website name without www.

How can I make the www. version of the new site exist in addition to the non www. version? All the Google search results for my site have www. and they all give a 404. I need www.mysite.webatu.com to exist!

NECESITO AYUDA: CON MI CONEXION A LA BASE DE DATOS

ESTO SON MIS DATOS

PERO MI PROBLEMAS ES Q NO SE CONECTA CON LA BASE DE DATOS

OK, I did that. Now what do I do?

I have exactly the same problem with my website (wonderyears.000webhostapp dot com): my domain www.wonder-years.tv just leads to the 000webhost error page. Hopefully, one of the moderators or administrators here will be able to help

edit: Charlie.rsd, I get to your website when I enter your URL (richmondsounddesign dot com). could you try mine as well?

“…but when navigating to www.richmondsounddesign.com1 the site cannot be found.”

I have a similar problem: my site without the www. works OK, but with the www. cannot be found. (I also used the ‘linking’ facility to associate my site’s old name - mysite.webatu.com - to the new 000webhostapp.com URL).

Mods, anyone, please: is there any way to get the www. version of a linked site to exist?

Following the tutorial procedure, after clicking the “move my account” I have the following message:

<<You already have an account in the new panel!
You will be able to login to old panel and new panel at the same time (Email address must be the same)>>

However if I login, in both cases I always enter in the old panel.
Should I follow the alternative suggestion of the tutorial and delete my profile? I would like to receive your confirmation before proceeding in such a critical step! Please advice.

First backup everything, then you are safe to remove your account. :slight_smile: I have just tried that and it works. After you add a subdomain to your new account, it may take a moment to propagate, but it all should be fine.

I also had to delete my old profile first so do be sure to backup everything first (follow the instructions carefully).

All new users aren’t allowed to post links.
It isn’t 000webhost just the forum software preventing spam users etc.

Try using [code][/code] tags to submit your site address i.e.

mysite [dot] 000webhostapp [dot] com

or

mysite dot 000webhostapp dot com etc

Hi there

I’ve just put the php backup file in the file manager and then gone into it and all Im getting is above

what do I do now?

thanks in advance

I’ve actually got all my docs on my computer for this website, do I have to still do what your instructions say or can I just delete and then upload my website from dreamweaver???

If I can upload from dreamweaver what details do I need to upload from there for new website

my website is www.bpsa.co

I’ve downloaded all my files into Filezila successfully

ive backed up my site with ftp
where do i find the migrate button
in c panel?

You are a new user on the forum no?

Login to 000webhost.com > enter cPanel then load this link

Login to 000webhost.com > enter cPanel then load this link

I have a problem, deleted the old account, log into the control panel are new, and they need to create a new account
The website name media.net23.net